- Friday, Sept. 8, 8:30 a.m. – Budget and Regulations Pipeline Workshop followed by Closed Executive Session
- Friday, Sept. 8, 1 p.m. – Regular Open Meeting
All will be held at Commission Headquarters, 2901 W. Truman Blvd. in Jefferson City
Background documents related to open meeting agenda items are available for public viewing at Conservation Department Headquarters, Jefferson City, for eight calendar days prior to the meeting. Any person who would like to comment to the Commission about a specific agenda item must make a written request to the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting. The time allotted for public comment and the number of speakers will be at the Commission's discretion. Recording the open meeting is permissible, pursuant to any guidelines established by the Commission to minimize disruption to the meeting. Individuals wishing to record the open meeting by audiotape, videotape, or other electronic means should notify the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting so accommodations for such recording can be made.
To view live streaming of the open meeting, or to watch recordings of past meetings, go to http://on.mo.gov/2nodPJU.
Sept. 8 at 8:30 a.m. – Budget and Regulations Pipeline Workshop followed by Closed Executive Session:
- Budget & Regulations Pipeline Workshop.
- Vote to close meeting.
- 1 – Approval of minutes of previous executive session(s) (610.021 RSMo).
- 2 – Consideration of supporting documentation related to recommendations to suspend or revoke hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges (621.021(1), 610.021.14, 454.440.9, 211.321 RSMo).
- 3 – Consideration of confidential or privileged communications between the Commission and its Internal Auditor regarding work product (610.021(17) RSMo).
- 4 – Consideration of negotiated contracts (610.021(12) RSMo).
- 5 – Consideration of legal actions, causes of action, or litigation and attorney-client privileged communications as provided for in 610.021(1) RSMo.
- 6 – Consideration of potential real estate transactions/negotiations (610.021(2) RSMo).
- 7 – Consideration of recommendations relating to the hiring/firing/disciplining/promoting of personnel (610.021(3) RSMo.
Sept. 8 at 1 p.m. — Regular Open Meeting
Call to order — Steve Harrison, Chair
- Director's Comments
- Action Item: Consideration of items on the Consent Calendar (to be approved with a single action unless any Commission member requests an item be removed and taken up separately). Items removed will be addressed as the last action item on the meeting agenda.
- Action Item: Report of the Regulations Committee, including recommendations for changes from mid-year Wildlife Code review, and orders of rulemaking to finalize changes initially approved during the May 19 Commission meeting — Jason Sumners, Deputy Director and Chair, Regulations Committee
- Presentation: Deer Management Assistance Program — Kevyn Wiskirchen, Private Lands Deer Biologist
Administration – Budget:
Andrew Bond, Chief Financial Officer
- Presentation:Financial Report
Action Item: Recommendation for approval to submit estimated Fiscal Year 2025 appropriation requests to the Office of Administration budget director pursuant to Section 33.220 RSMo
Infrastructure Management Branch:
- Presentation: FY23 Year-End Report of Major Construction Projects Completed -- Jacob Careaga, Infrastructure Management Branch Chief
Information Technology Branch:
- Presentation: Proposed policy on Information Technology's Data Governance — Doug Fees, Information Technology Branch Chief
- Presentation: MDC's Cybersecurity Program Update — Jimmey Fawcett, IT Security Architect
- Action Item: Consideration of items removed from the Consent Calendar if any
- Other matters of interest
Items on the following Consent Calendar either require Commission Action (if noted) or may be written reports presented for Commission information only.
The Consent Calendar covers routine items to be taken up by the Commission as the first order of business and approved with a single action. Any Commission member may request an item be removed from the Consent Calendar to be addressed individually. Any Commission member may abstain from voting on an item without removing it by specifying the item number and his/her desire to abstain prior to the vote. Items removed from the Consent Calendar are taken up in numerical order as called for by the Commission Chair or as listed on the regular meeting agenda.
- C.1 Action Item: Approval of minutes of previous open meeting(s)
- C.2 Action Item: Recommendation for approval to suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of individuals for cause — Jennifer Frazier, General Counsel
- C.3 Action Item: Recommendation for approval of the Department Fleet Management policy — Jeff Arnold, Conservation Business Services Branch Chief
- C.4 Conservation Employees' Benefits Plan update — Tom Neubauer, Human Resources Branch Chief
- C.5 Information Technology FY23 Year-End Report of IT Projects Completed — Doug Fees, Information Technology Branch