Missouri Conservation Commission February 2023 Meeting Tentative Agenda
- Thursday, Feb. 2, 8 a.m. – WORKSHOP and CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION
- Thursday, Feb. 2, 1 p.m. - REGULAR OPEN MEETING
The Lodge of Four Seasons, 315 Four Seasons Drive in Lake Ozark
Background documents related to open meeting agenda items are available for public viewing at Conservation Department Headquarters, Jefferson City, for eight calendar days prior to the meeting. Any person who would like to comment to the Commission about a specific agenda item must make a written request to the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting. The time allotted for public comment and the number of speakers will be at the Commission’s discretion. Recording the open meeting is permissible, pursuant to any guidelines established by the Commission to minimize disruption to the meeting. Individuals wishing to record the open meeting by audiotape, videotape, or other electronic means should notify the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting so accommodations for such recording can be made.
To view live streaming of the open meeting, or to watch recordings of past meetings, go to http://on.mo.gov/2nodPJU.
Feb. 2 at 8 a.m. — Workshop followed by Closed Executive Session:
- Commission Workshop
- Vote to close meeting.
- 1 – Approval of minutes of previous executive session(s) (610.021 RSMo.).
- 2 – Consideration of supporting documentation related to recommendations to suspend or revoke hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges (621.021(1), 610.021.14, 454.440.9, 211.321 RSMo.)
- 3 – Consideration of confidential or privileged communications between the Commission and its Internal Auditor regarding work product (610.021(17) RSMo.).
- 4 – Consideration of negotiated contracts (610.021(12) RSMo.).
- 5 – Consideration of legal actions, causes of action, or litigation and attorney-client privileged communications as provided for in 610.021(1) RSMo.
- 6 – Consideration of potential real estate transactions/negotiations (610.021(2) RSMo.).
- 7 – Consideration of recommendations relating to the hiring/firing/disciplining/promoting of personnel (610.021(3) RSMo.).
- Adjourn closed session.
Feb. 2 at 1 p.m. — Regular Open Meeting:
Call to order — Mark McHenry, Chair
- Director’s Comments — Sara Parker Pauley, Director
- Action Item: Consideration of items on the Consent Calendar (to be approved with a single action unless any Commission member requests an item be removed and taken up separately). Items removed will be addressed as the last action item on the meeting agenda.
Regulations Committee: Jason Sumners, Deputy Director and Chair, Regulations Committee.
- Action Items: Report of the Regulations Committee, including recommendations for changes to the Wildlife Code identified during the annual review.
Administration - Budget:
- Presentation: Fiscal Year 2023 Mid-Year Review of Revenue and Expenditure Trends — Andrew Bond, Chief Financial Officer
Infrastructure Management Branch:
- Presentation: Fiscal Year 2023 Mid-Year Review of Major Construction Projects and Major Construction Projects Status Report — Jacob Careaga, Infrastructure Branch Chief
- Action Item: Consideration of bid for construction of the Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery Conservation Center Replacement project located in Branson, Missouri.
- Action Item: Consideration of bids for construction of the Schell-Osage Conservation Area Golden Anniversary Wetland Renovation Phase I Pump Station Development project located in Schell City, Missouri.
Information Technology Branch:
- Presentation: Fiscal Year 2023 Mid-Year Review of Information Technology Projects and IT Projects Status Report — Douglas Fees, IT Branch Chief
Realty Committee: Jennifer Battson Warren, Deputy Director and Chair, Realty Committee
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to purchase approximately 2,469 acres in Shannon County as an addition to Rocky Creek Conservation Area.
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to purchase approximately 52 acres in Cooper County as an addition to the Lamine River Conservation Area.
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval of the proposed revisions to Department policy on Real Estate — Shawna Bligh, Deputy Counsel
- Action Item: Consideration of items removed from the Consent Calendar, if any.
- Legislative Update — Aaron Jeffries, Deputy Director
Other matters of interest
Items on the following Consent Calendar either require Commission Action (if noted) or may be written reports presented for Commission information only.
The Consent Calendar covers routine items to be taken up by the Commission as the first order of business and approved with a single action. Any Commission member may request an item be removed from the Consent Calendar to be addressed individually. Any Commission member may abstain from voting on an item without removing it by specifying the item number and his/her desire to abstain prior to the vote. Items removed from the Consent Calendar are taken up in numerical order as called for by the Commission Chair or as listed on the regular meeting agenda.
- C.1 Action Item: Approval of minutes of previous open meeting(s).
- C.2 Action Item: Recommendation for approval to suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of individuals for cause — Catherine Lucia, Internal Auditor
- C.3 Action Item: Consideration of request for reinstatement of one or more hunting and/or fishing privileges — Catherine Lucia, Internal Auditor
- C.4 Quarterly Permit Suspensions/Revocations Report — Catherine Lucia, Internal Auditor
- C.5 Action Item: Recommendation for approval of the updated Fiscal Year 2023 Internal Expenditure Plan from Mid-Year Review.
- C.6 Personnel Changes Report — Tom Neubauer, Human Resources Branch Chief
- C.7 Conservation Employees’ Benefits Plan update - Tom Neubauer, Human Resources Branch Chief