The Missouri Conservation Commission met Feb. 2 for a workshop and closed executive session followed by its regular open meeting. All were held at The Lodge of Four Seasons, 315 Four Seasons Drive in Lake Ozark.
Commissioners attending the open meeting in person or online were:
- Mark L. McHenry, Chair
- Steven D. Harrison, Vice Chair
- Margaret (Margy) F. Eckelkamp, Secretary
- L. (Barry) Orscheln, Member
The Commission received the following presentations/reports:
- Director’s Comments — Sara Parker Pauley, Director
- Report of the Regulations Committee, including recommendations for changes to the Wildlife Code identified during the annual review — Jason Sumners, Deputy Director and Chair, Regulations Committee
- Fiscal Year 2023 Mid-Year Review of Revenue and Expenditure Trends — Andrew Bond, Chief Financial Officer
- Fiscal Year 2023 Mid-Year Review of Major Construction Projects and Major Construction Projects Status Report — Jacob Careaga, Infrastructure Branch Chief
- Fiscal Year 2023 Mid-Year Review of Information Technology Projects and IT Projects Status Report — Douglas Fees, IT Branch Chief
- Approved consideration of bids for construction of the Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery Conservation Center Replacement project located in Branson, Missouri.
- Approved consideration of bids for construction of the Schell-Osage Conservation Area Golden Anniversary Wetland Renovation Phase I Pump Station Development project located in Schell City, Missouri.
- Approved the purchase of approximately 52 acres in Cooper County as an addition to the Lamine River Conservation Area.
- Approved revisions to Department policy on Real Estate.
- Approved MDC recommendations to suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of 31 individuals for cause:
- Phillip L. Applegate, Morrisville, All Sport, 1 Year;
- Jason C. Benson, Belgrade, Hunting and Fishing, No Action;
- Garry D. Bise, Mexico, Hunting, 1 Year;
- Zachary P. Bowens, Milan, Hunting, 1 Year;
- Brogan D. Brandenburger, Bowling Green, Hunting, 13 Years;
- Felicia A Bridges, Dixon, All Sport, No Action;
- Nicholas W. Buttram, Mountain Grove, Hunting, 3 Years;
- David B. Byrd, Carthage, Fishing, 7 Years;
- Burton F. Campney, Cabool, Fishing, 1 Year;
- Alvin M. Detweiler, Brodhead (WI) , Hunting , 1 Year;
- Jayden J. Gamblin, Salem, Hunting, 6 Years;
- Michael A. Gianakis, High Ridge, All Sport, 2 Years;
- Bradley L. Goodman, Marshfield, All Sport, 1 Year;
- Gavin M. Harris, Bolivar, Hunting and Fishing, No Action;
- Bryston C. Hooten, Crane, Hunting and Fishing, 1 Year;
- Matthew S. Hufford, Forest City, Hunting, 1 Year;
- Mark M. Huntsman, Louisburg, Hunting, Addition of 1.5 Years to Current Revocation;
- Danielle R. Johnson, Belgrade, Fishing, 1 Year;
- Kolten B. Keltner, Bolivar, Hunting, 1 Year;
- Patrick W. Mathes, Lesterville, Hunting and Fishing, 1 Year;
- Derek S. Miller, Hartford (WI), Hunting, 1 Year;
- Michael J. Otto, Kansas City, Hunting, 1 Year;
- Paul L. Page, Angie (LA), Hunting, 1 Year;
- Samuel A. Phillips, Edwards, Fishing, 1 Year;
- Evertt A. Schoenherr, Fayette, All Sport, 1 Year;
- Wyatt L. Shelton, Dixon, Hunting, 1 Year;
- Steven J. Stagner, Saint James, Hunting and Fishing, 9 Years;
- John W. Tune, Aurora, Hunting, 3 Years;
- Oleg A. Vernik, Brooklyn (NY), Fishing, 1 Year;
- Russell D. Wallis, Camdenton, All Sport, 1 Year; and
- Zay Ya, Kansas City, Fishing, 4 Years.
- Approved the denial of reinstatement of hunting privileges for Brad R. Smith of Stover and Robert D. Reeves of Camdenton.
- Set the next regular meeting for March 14, 2023.