About Conservation Commissioners
Per the Constitution of Missouri, Section 40(a):
- There are four members appointed by the governor, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, not more than two of whom shall be of the same political party.
- They shall have knowledge of and interest in wildlife conservation.
- They serve a term of six years beginning on the first day of July of consecutive odd years.
- They receive no salary or other compensation, but get reimbursed for travel and other expenses.
What do Conservation Commissioners do?
- Appoint the director of MDC.
- Serve as MDC’s policy makers.
- Approve Wildlife Code regulations.
- Strategic planning.
- Budget development and major expenditure decisions.