Before you apply
- You must be 11 years old or older by the date of the managed hunt in order to apply.
- You must be between 11 and 15 to attend a youth managed hunt.
- Some managed hunts require hunters to attend a mandatory pre-hunt orientation. If you cannot attend the orientation, do not apply.
- You may apply for only one hunt. You may apply for that hunt individually or as a group of two or three hunters. Those applying for a youth-only hunt may apply individually or with one other youth.
Apply during the entire month of February.
How to Apply
Step 1: Designate one member of your group to go online. That person must have ready the following information:
- The number of the preferred hunt.
- The date, location, and method of the hunt
- The nine-digit Conservation ID number of each hunter in the group. If you need an ID number, call (573) 522-0107 during regular business hours to have one assigned. Note: A Social Security number is not the same as a Conservation ID number. Your Conservation ID number is located on the front of your Permit Card or the back of your Conservation Heritage Card below the barcode.
Step 2: Go online to the Managed Hunt Application. If you correctly enter all the required information, you will receive a message confirming your application.
Find if you've been selected
From March 15 through May 10, check the Managed Hunts Draw Results. Be prepared to enter your nine-digit Conservation ID number (the same ID number you used when you applied). All successful applicants will receive by mail an area map and information regarding the hunt. We must have your correct address to send the information. If your address changes, call the Department during business hours at (573) 522-0107.
Points to remember
- If you cannot attend, another hunter cannot take your place. Only those hunters who applied and were drawn may attend.
- Individuals not drawn for a managed spring turkey hunt may not accompany a hunter who was successfully drawn.
- Bag Limit: 1 male turkey or turkey with visible beard. Note: A turkey taken at a managed hunt counts toward the two-bird season limit. For example, if you take a turkey during a managed hunt before April 24, you may not harvest another turkey during the first week of the regular season.
Youth-Only Managed Hunts
Youth-only managed hunts are for youth ages 11–15. Apply online for these hunts. Unlike the regular hunt application, youth may apply only singly or with one other youth. Successful applicants will be notified by mail. Youth who apply for a youth-only hunt may not apply for any other regular, non-youth managed hunt.
All youth hunters must have an adult sponsor who will hunt with them. Department staff will attempt to find a mentor if the youth does not have one, but cannot guarantee a mentor for each youth hunter. The sponsor must attend the pre-hunt orientation if one is required. The sponsor must have hunter-education certification unless the sponsor was born before Jan. 1, 1967.