Viewing Web pages on the MDC site
If the text on the page is too large or small for you to view comfortably, you can change the size of the text:
- Internet Explorer: Select "View -> Text Size" in the browser menu to increase or decrease the size of the text.
- Firefox: Select "View -> Zoom" in the browser menu.
- Safari: Select "View -> Zoom In/Zoom Out" to change the text size. Select "Zoom -> Actual Size" to return to the default settings.
- Opera: Select "View -> Zoom" in the browser menu.
The MDC website is designed to comply with the Missouri IT Accessibility Standard (see link below), which is based on the federal Section 508 standard (see link below) for websites, and has been designed according to Missouri's Digital Media Developers accessibility guidelines.
Some of the design features are:
- Text size that responds to the user's preferences
- Links to allow users with visual disabilities to skip over navigation
- Cascading style sheets to format text and layout of pages
- Tables that allow browser software for users with visual disabilities to get data in a meaningful way
If you have an accessibility issue with any part of the MDC website, please contact us so we can help. Let us know what page is not working properly and what browser software you are using.
TrackChairs available for MDC events
If you have a mobility impairment, we have all-terrain wheelchairs available for MDC event participants. When you register for an event, contact the instructor at least 30 days prior to the event to check availability. These chairs are only available for MDC-sponsored events and must be requested in advance.
Programs and Facilities
Equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from programs of the Missouri Department of Conservation is available to all individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, veterans status, or disability. Questions should be directed to the Department of Conservation, P.O. Box 180, Jefferson City, MO 65102, 573-751-4115 (voice) or 800-735-2966 (TTY), or to Chief, Public Civil Rights, Office of Civil Rights, U.S. Department of the Interior, 1849 C Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20240.