To protect and manage the fish, forest, and wildlife resources of the state; to facilitate and provide opportunity for all citizens to use, enjoy, and learn about these resources.
- Excellent public service is essential — we work to deliver more than is expected.
- All citizens are important — we respect their opinions and value their trust.
- Missourians are partners to achieve conservation success — we communicate openly and look for ways to make it easier to partner.
- Fairness, objectivity, sound science, integrity, accountability, and transparency guide our actions.
- Employees are the department's most important asset — we all work to advance conservation by being results driven, working as a team, serving as ambassadors for conservation, and living out the conservation ethic through our actions.
A future with healthy fish, forests, and wildlife where all people appreciate nature.
Our Conservation Goals
MDC Takes Care of Nature
This means Missouri has healthy land, water and forests, and sustainable fish and wildlife.
MDC Connects People with Nature
This means Missourians have places to go to enjoy nature, and Missourians value nature.
MDC Maintains Public Trust
This means Missourians are confident their investments are used wisely, and Missouri is a recognized leader in conservation.