To protect and manage the fish, forest, and wildlife resources of the state; to facilitate and provide opportunity for all citizens to use, enjoy, and learn about these resources.
Dedicated to our mission
- Evolve to remain relevant and accomplish our mission in a changing world.
- Lean into opportunities and challenges and strive for constant improvement.
- Honor the public’s trust to conserve Missouri’s natural resources and connect people to nature.
- Make decisions that ensure the responsible use of public funds.
- Value the expertise and leadership we each bring to our disciplines.
- Invest in continuous learning to ensure we are recognized leaders in conservation.
- Be inclusive of diverse people, ideas, experiences, and partners.
- Encourage trusting relationships, effective collaboration and open, honest communication.
A future with healthy fish, forests, and wildlife where all people appreciate nature.
Our Conservation Goals
MDC Takes Care of Nature
This means Missouri has healthy land, water and forests, and sustainable fish and wildlife.
MDC Connects People with Nature
This means Missourians have places to go to enjoy nature, and Missourians value nature.
MDC Maintains Public Trust
This means Missourians are confident their investments are used wisely, and Missouri is a recognized leader in conservation.
Link or File
MDC Strategic Plan142.82 KB
Our strategic plan outlines a 21st-century conservation model for success to ensure MDC remains a world-class leader in conservation.
Quarterly Conservation Monitor survey to collect key opinions and attitudes regarding nature, conservation, and the Missouri Department of Conservation.