For the purpose of managing urban deer populations on park property, Missouri Department of Conservation, in partnership with Kansas City, Missouri Parks and Recreation, will be offering a managed archery deer hunt at the following locations:
- Mark McHenry Park: November 1, 2022 – January 15, 2023 (787 acres located in Platte County NW Kansas City at NW 88th Street and North Hampton Road just north of 152 HWY).
- River Front Park: October 17, 2023 – January 15, 2023 (500 acres located along the Missouri River in central Kansas City located at River Front Road and N. Monroe Ave running east toward I-435).
- Hodge Park: (Women Only) November 1, 2022 – January 15, 2023 (200 acres located at I-435 & 152 HWY).
- Swope Park: November 1, 2022 – January 15, 2023 (758 acres located at Oakwood Rd from Oldham Rd, South of E. Gregory Blvd).
- Pleasant Valley Park: November 1, 2022 – January 15, 2023 (40 acres at 6401 NE Pleasant Valley Rd)
- Jerry Smith Park: November 1, 2022 – January 15, 2023 (700 acres along Holmes Road)
- Buckeye Greenway: November 1, 2022 – January 15, 2023 (72 acres along NE Milan Rd)
- Hidden Valley Park: November 1, 2022 – January 15, 2023 (142 acres located at NE Russell Rd & N Bennington)
- Hunters must be Missouri residents.
- Hunters must be 18 years of age or older.
- Preference will be given to hunters who are Kansas City, Missouri residents.
- Bow Hunter Education - Certification is required (Not regular Hunter Education).
Register for Bowhunter Education
Hunters are encouraged to harvest mature antlerless deer.
Please note: Deer taken during this hunt will count toward regular/normal season bag limit.
You may also apply for a statewide managed hunt.
August 15 - September 15, 2022
Hunter Notification: Late September - only successfully drawn hunters will be notified by telephone.
Applications will be available August 15.