The Missouri Conservation Commission met Feb. 17 for a closed executive session and for its regular open meeting. Both were held at MDC Headquarters, 2901 W. Truman Blvd. in Jefferson City.
Commissioners attending in person or online were:
- L. (Barry) Orscheln, Chair
- Mark L. McHenry, Vice Chair
- Steven D. Harrison, Secretary
- Margaret (Margy) F. Eckelkamp, Member
The Commission received the following presentations/reports:
- Director’s Comments -- Sara Parker Pauley, Director
- Report of the Regulations Committee -- Mike Hubbard, Deputy Director and Chair, Regulations Committee
- Big River Catfish -- Joe McMullen, Scientist
- Expanding Recreational Use Opportunities on Conservation Areas -- Lafe Schweissguth, Regional Recreational Use Specialist
- Financial Report - Fiscal Year 2022 Mid-Year Review of Revenue and Expenditure Trends -- Andrew Bond, Chief Financial Officer
- Fiscal Year 2022 Mid-Year Review of Major Construction Projects and Major Construction Projects Status Report -- Jacob Careaga, Infrastructure Branch Chief
- Fiscal Year 2022 Mid-Year Review of Information Technology Projects -- Douglas Fees, IT Branch Chief
- Approved MDC recommendations for changes to the Wildlife Code identified during the annual review.
- Gave initial approval to regulation changes regarding increasing the catch-and-keep daily limit for crappie on Mozingo Lake from 15 to 30 fish while restricting the harvest of crappie over nine inches to 15 fish per person, per day.
- Approved bids for construction of the Four Rivers Conservation Area Unit 3 Structure Gate Repairs and Water Control Gate Replacements – Phase II project located in Bates and Vernon Counties.
- Approved MDC recommendation to exchange approximately 1.16-acre tract of the Taylors Landing (old Taylors Landing) access on the Missouri River near Rocheport for a 1.16-acre tract adjacent to the Roberts Bluff Access on the Lamine River. Both properties are in Cooper County.
- Approved the advertising and sale of an estimated 487,018 board feet of timber located on 267 acres of Compartment 2, Coldwater Conservation Area in Wayne County.
- Approved the advertising and sale of an estimated 1,588,948 board feet of timber located on 962 acres of Compartment 22, Angeline Conservation Area in Shannon County.
- Approved the advertising and sale of an estimated 492,019 board feet of timber located on 179 acres of Compartment 1, University Forest Conservation Area in Wayne County.
- Approved MDC recommendations to suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of 12 individuals for cause:
- Aaron C. Bernhardt, Springfield, Hunting, 1 Year;
- Van T. Bik, Hindsville (AR), Fishing, 1 Year;
- James R. Duemler, California, All Sport, 1 Year;
- Kenneth W. Griffith, Sturgeon, Hunting and Fishing, 2 Years;
- Job Krause, Bradleyville, Fishing, 1 Year;
- Vladimir N. Naumchuk, Inman (SC), Fishing, 1 Year;
- Viktor A. Olimpiyuk, Spartanburg (SC), Fishing, 1 Year;
- Dalton W. Overby, Cabool, Hunting, 6 Years;
- Justin R. Ryun, Kansas City, Hunting and Fishing, 1 Year;
- Dakota L. Schwenk, Cabool, Hunting, 6 Years;
- Ernist B. Weir, Argyle (NY), Hunting, 2.5 Years; and
- Cody R. Scott, Aurora, Hunting, Revoked until 4/19/2024.
- Approved MDC recommendation to suspend or revoke hunting privileges of one individual who inflicted injury to another person while hunting.
- Approved MDC recommendation to accept the Hearing Officer recommendation in the matter of issuance of a Licensed Big Game Preserve Permit.
- Set the next regular meeting for March 25, 2022.