The Andy Dalton Shooting Range and Outdoor Education Center was constructed on the Bois D' Arc Conservation Area and opened for business in February 1995. Originally in the Wildlife Division of the Department the facility was called the Bois D' Arc Shooting Range. Shortly thereafter the supervision of the Range was moved to the Protection Division and in 1996 a dedication ceremony was held and the facility was officially renamed The Andy Dalton Shooting Range and Training Center after its namesake, Mr. Andy Dalton, a former Conservation Commissioner from the Southwest Missouri area.
During 2000 the facility received an upgrade that added an Outdoor Education Facility, another trap shooting field and another skeet shooting field. Since that time continual upgrades and programs have been added making this staffed facility one of the best in Missouri.
During 2003 the supervision of the facility was transferred to the Outreach and Education Division and due to a shift in programming philosophy the facility then received its present name.
- Sunday, 10:00 AM - 04:30 PM
- Monday, closed all day
- Tuesday, closed all day
- Wednesday, 10:00 AM - 04:30 PM
- Thursday, 01:00 PM - 07:30 PM
- Friday, Saturday, 10:00 AM - 04:30 PM
- Independence Day, 07/03/2022: closed all day
- Labor Day, 09/05/2021: closed all day
- Columbus Day, 10/10/2021: closed all day
- Thanksgiving Day, 11/24/2021: closed all day
- Veterans Day, 11/10/2021: closed all day
- Christmas Day, 12/24/2021: closed all day
Things to Do When You Visit
Rifle or Pistol