- 2 cups cooked, flaked carp
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 large red onion 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 bell peppers, green, red or yellow
- 3 stalks celery 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
- 4 teaspoons flour
- 6 Roma tomatoes chopped, or canned tomatoes
- 1 can (14 1/4 oz.) chicken broth
- 1/2 pound peeled large shrimp
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups cooked white rice
Steam or bake the carp, then remove the meat from the bones. Reserve 2 cups. Prepare vegetables: slice onion in 1/4-inch-thick rings, then cut the rings in half; slice peppers lengthwise in 1/4" strips; and slice celery 1/2" thick. Melt the 1/4-cup butter in a large saucepan or skillet. Add flour and stir until light brown. Add onion, peppers and celery. Cook and stir until vegetables are softened. Add broth and seasonings.
Bring mixture to a boil, then simmer until vegetables are almost done and broth is slightly thickened, about 15 minutes. Add tomatoes, shrimp and carp. Cook until shrimp is done, about 5 minutes. Serve over rice and garnish with parsley. Serves 4.