Military Reduced Cost Permit


Reduced cost Small Game Hunting and Fishing Permits are for Missouri residents who are currently (or have in the last 12 months) mobilized and serving on full-time active military duty in the National Guard (federal status) or reserve forces of the United States.

This permit allows them to take fish, frogs, mussels, clams, turtles, crayfish, live bait, birds (except turkey), mammals (except deer), and to sell furbearers taken by hunting.

Application Requirements:

Anyone born on or after January 1, 1967, is required to be hunter education certified. A copy of your hunter education certificate must be included with the application. (Military training and certification do not apply.) A copy of orders reflecting mobilization dates must be submitted with the application.

In addition to this permit:

  • A Trout Permit is required to possess trout, except in trout parks where you must purchase a daily trout fishing tag.
  • A Missouri Migratory Bird Hunting Permit also is required for hunting waterfowl, doves, snipe, woodcock, and rails.
  • A Federal Duck Stamp is required for hunting waterfowl.
  • A Conservation Order Permit is required for hunting snow, blue, and Ross’s geese during the Light Goose Conservation Order.

​Complete and send the application form to:

Missouri Department of Conservation
Attn: Permit Services – Military Honors Permit
P.O. Box 180
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0180

Please allow 10 days after submitting your application for your permit to arrive.

This permit is not available for purchase at vendors, by telephone, or online.

Some military may hunt and fish without a permit. Check permit exemptions to learn more.