Resident Antlered Elk Application
Limit: You may submit one Resident Antlered Elk Application per person per year.
Notes: This is not a hunting permit; it is an application to be included in a random drawing for a Resident Antlered Elk Hunting Permit.
At least 10% of the permit quota will be awarded to approved resident landowners. To be eligible for the Resident Antlered Elk Hunting Permit(s) awarded to approved resident landowners, you must own 20 or more contiguous acres in Carter, Reynolds, or Shannon counties and an application must have been submitted to and have been approved by the department as described in 3 CSR 10-7.412 Landowner Application prior to applying for a Resident Antlered Elk Hunting Permit.
Applications are accepted between May 1 and May 31.
Points to Remember
- You must be a Missouri resident and 11 years old or older by opening day of the archery portion of the elk season in order to apply for an elk hunting permit.
- You must submit an application and pay the nonrefundable application fee to be included in the random drawing for an elk hunting permit.
- Applications cannot be transferred, exchanged, or refunded.
- An application for an elk hunting permit does not guarantee you will be selected for an elk hunting permit.
- If drawn, the ability to purchase a Resident Antlered Elk Hunting Permit cannot be transferred to another party.
- If drawn for a Resident Antlered Elk Hunting Permit, you will not be able to apply again for a Resident Antlered Elk Hunting Permit for a period of ten (10) years.
You can apply for an elk hunting permit before you complete an approved hunter-education course, but you must complete an approved hunter-education course before you can purchase an elk hunting permit even if you only intend to hunt during the archery portion using archery methods—unless you were born before Jan. 1, 1967.
Purchasing an Application
- You may apply for an elk hunting permit from May 1–31 using any of the methods below.
- Over the counter from any permit vendor. No surcharges will be assessed.
- Online any time. Use your credit card to pay. No surcharges will be assessed.
- From your smartphone using the MO Hunting app. Use your credit card to pay. No surcharges will be assessed. Your application will appear on the app immediately after purchase.
- By telephone at 800-392-4115. Use your credit card and pay a $1 surcharge. Allow 10 days for delivery.
Checking Draw Results
Results of the elk hunting permit random drawing will be posted by July 1.
Visit mdc.mo.gov/buypermits and log into "Manage Your Account." Once logged in, click on "View My Special Hunt History and Preference Points."