Cape Girardeau Conservation Nature Center, located within Cape Girardeau's North County Park, showcases the rich cultural history and diverse natural resources of southeastern Missouri. Nature Center Features: Explore two miles of nature trails that wind through rolling river hills with sinkholes, ravines, and deep hollows. Enjoy our wildlife-viewing areas and see how native plants provide habitat for various wildlife species. Encounter natures wonders through hands-on exhibits, a children's play area, and freshwater aquariums. Exhibit Gallery: Visit Paul Corbin's collection of Native American artifacts. Enjoy interactive exhibits featuring habitats found in southeastern Missouri, and learn where to go for your own adventure. Making Connections: Join us for a public program or special event, or schedule one for your own organized group. Call or visit us online for details. Become a nature center volunteer! No fees are charged at the nature center.
- Sunday, 04:00 AM - 10:00 PM
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, 04:00 AM - 10:00 PM
- Sunday, closed all day
- Monday, closed all day
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
- Christmas Day, 12/25/2023: closed all day
- Columbus Day, 10/09/2023: closed all day
- Veterans Day (Observed), 11/10/2023: closed all day
- Thanksgiving Day, 11/23/2023: closed all day
Located within the north portion of the Cape Girardeau County Park, just east of Interstate 55 (Exit 99). Take Kingshighway (State Highway 61) east 0.25 mile from I-55 to the park and nature center.
For more information call
Things to Do When You Visit
What to look for