The Missouri Conservation Commission met May 19 for a workshop and closed executive session and May 20 for its regular open meeting. All were held at the Anita B. Gorman Discovery Center, 4750 Troost Ave in Kansas City.
Commissioners attending the open meeting in person or online were:
- L. (Barry) Orscheln, Chair
- Mark L. McHenry, Vice Chair
- Steven D. Harrison, Secretary
- Margaret (Margy) F. Eckelkamp, Member
The Commission received the following presentations/reports:
- Director’s Comments — Sara Parker Pauley, Director
- Kansas City in Review: A Virtual Tour — Debra Burns, Kansas City Regional Administrator
- CWD update and recommendations for changes to the Wildlife Code regarding rules pertaining to all portions of the 2022-2023 deer hunting season — Jasmine Batten, Wildlife Health Program Supervisor, and Jason Isabelle, Cervid Program Supervisor
- Wild Turkey — Reina Tyl, Scientist
- Financial Report — Jennifer Battson Warren, Deputy Director
- Major Construction Projects Status Report — Jacob Careaga, Infrastructure Management Branch Chief
- Approved recommendations for changes to the Wildlife Code regarding rules pertaining to all portions of the 2022-2023 deer hunting season.
- Approved the Department’s Fiscal Year 2023 Internal Expenditure Plan.
- Approved the purchase of hunting and fishing rights on approximately 146 acres in Vernon County as an addition to Four Rivers Conservation Area.
- Approve the purchase of approximately 10 acres in Vernon County as an addition to Four Rivers Conservation Area.
- Approved the sale of a 2.6-acre portion of the 5.3-acre Odessa Communication Towersite in Lafayette County.
- Acknowledged a donation from Bruce Loewenberg.
- Approved MDC recommendations to suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of 18 individuals for cause:
- Sara R. Asmus, Clarksburg, All Sport,1 Year;
- Matt K. Chiles, Branson, Hunting, 1 Year;
- Matthew R. Delarber, Reeds Spring, Hunting, 1 Year;
- Michael D. Elliott, Cabool, Hunting, 3 Years;
- Bryton A. Epting, Kansas City (KS), Hunting, 1 Year;
- Tommy L. Goodman, El Dorado Springs, Hunting, 1 Year;
- Westin J. Hawkins, Licking, Hunting, 3 Years;
- Mark M. Huntsman, Louisburg, Hunting, 5 Years;
- Jarrett R. Kesner, Tecumseh, Hunting, 3 Years;
- Dayna J. Leigh, Marshfield, All Sport, 1 Year;
- Melissa P. Mashburn, Springfield, All Sport, 1 Year;
- Andrew J. Neal, Harrisburg, Hunting and Fishing, 3 Years;
- Cody J. Osborne, Licking, Hunting, 1 Year;
- Jason L. Satterwhite, Aurora, Hunting and Fishing, 1 Year;
- Marcus L. Severns, Boonville, Hunting, 1 Year;
- Vasili Susu, Chicago (IL), Fishing, 1 Year;
- Dalton K. Weaver, Milan, Hunting and Fishing, 1 Year; and
- Jimmie D. Webb, Nevada, Hunting, 1 Year.
- Set the next regular meeting for July 29, 2022.