The Missouri Conservation Commission met July 29 for a workshop and closed executive session, and for its regular open meeting. All were held at Conservation Department Headquarters, 2901 W. Truman Blvd. in Jefferson City.
Commissioners attending the open meeting in person or online were:
- L. (Barry) Orscheln, Chair
- Mark L. McHenry, Vice Chair
- Steven D. Harrison, Secretary
- Margaret (Margy) F. Eckelkamp, Member
The Commission received the following presentations/reports:
- Director’s Comments -- Sara Parker Pauley, Director
- Report of the Regulations Committee -- Mike Hubbard, Deputy Director and Chair, Regulations Committee
- Financial Report -- Andrew Bond, Chief Financial Officer
- Major Construction Projects Status Report -- Jacob Careaga, Infrastructure Management Branch Chief
- Approved the advertisement and sale of an estimated 1,219,310 board feet of timber located on 383 acres of Compartment 2, Meramec Conservation Area in Franklin County.
- Approved the advertisement and sale of an estimated 2,345,389 board feet of timber located on 494 acres of Compartment 6, Current River Conservation Area in Reynolds County.
- Approved MDC recommendations to suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of 24 individuals for cause:
- Jacob R. Adams, Mount Vernon, All Sport, 2 Years;
- Chad G. Anderjaska, Buffalo, Hunting, 1 Year;
- Damen M. Asher, Boss, Hunting and Fishing, 1 Year;
- Edward J. Bishop, IV, Warsaw, Hunting and Fishing, 1 Year;
- Brian E. Bode, Kansas City, Hunting, 1 Year;
- Terry W. Bridgeman, Hannibal, Hunting and Fishing, 3 Years;
- Wesley D. Coke, Gilman City, All Sport, 2 Years;
- Jerry L. Hargrave, Liberty, Hunting, 1 Year;
- Darryl F. Harris, Summersville, Hunting, 3 Years;
- Jacob C. Harris, Cape Girardeau, All Sport, 1 Year;
- Dalton C. James, Raymondville, Hunting, 11 Years;
- William M. Kingman, Lakewood (CO), Hunting, 1 Year;
- Zackary C. Krewson, Licking, Hunting, 1 Year;
- Bi Guo Liu, Herculaneum, Fishing, 1 Year;
- Ryan A. Pierceall, Sibley, Hunting, 1 Year;
- Sopheak S. Prach, Columbia, Hunting and Fishing, 1 Year;
- Eric G. Reagan, Dorado Springs, Hunting, 2 Years;
- Jordan P. Sanders, Salem, Hunting, 6 Years;
- Levi E. Sartor, Mountain Grove, Hunting, 3 Years;
- William G. Strong, Reeds Spring, Hunting, 3 Years;
- Dustin D. Taylor, Springfield, Hunting and Fishing, 3 Years;
- Steven L. Taylor, Paola (KS), Fishing, 2 Years;
- Troy W. Watkins, Saint James, Hunting and Fishing, 1 Year; and
- Reginald J. Knapp, Philipsburg, Hunting, Revoked until 5/5/27.
- Approved MDC recommendation to deny reinstatement of hunting privileges for Cody R. Scott of Aurora.
- Elected the following Commission officers:
- Mark L. McHenry, Chair
- Steven D. Harrison, Vice Chair
- Margaret (Margy) F. Eckelkamp, Secretary
- L. (Barry) Orscheln, Member
- Set the next regular meeting for Sept. 9, 2022.
This document is provided for public information only and is not an official record of the Missouri Department of Conservation or Missouri Conservation Commission.