MDC sets 2018 deer and turkey hunting dates
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. – At its meeting on Dec. 15, the Missouri Conservation Commission approved recommendations by the Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) for 2018-2019 turkey-hunting and deer-hunting season dates.
2018 SPRING AND FALL TURKEY HUNTING DATES
- Spring Youth Portion: April 7 and 8
- Regular Spring Turkey Season: April 16 through May 6
- Fall Firearms Turkey Season: Oct. 1 - 31
2018 - 2019 ARCHERY DEER AND TURKEY HUNTING DATES
- Archery Season: Sept. 15 through Nov. 9 and Nov. 21 through Jan. 15, 2019.
2018 – 2019 FIREARMS DEER HUNTING DATES
- Firearms Deer Early Youth Portion: Oct. 27 and 28
- Firearms Deer November Portion: Nov. 10 - 20
- Firearms Deer Late Youth Portion: Nov. 23 - 25
- Firearms Deer Antlerless Portion: Nov. 30 through Dec. 2
- Firearms Deer Alternative Methods Portion: Dec. 22 through Jan. 1, 2019
Details on hunting regulations, harvest limits, allowed methods, required permits, and other related information will be available in the Department’s “2018 Spring Turkey Hunting Regulations and Information” and the “2018 Fall Deer & Turkey Hunting Regulations and Information” booklets. Both will be available where permits are sold prior to the related seasons.
Learn more about deer and turkey hunting in Missouri at huntfish.mdc.mo.gov/
Buy Missouri hunting (and fishing) permits from numerous vendors around the state, online at mdc.mo.gov/buypermits, or through MDC’s free mobile apps, MO Hunting and MO Fishing, available for download through Google Play for Android devices or the App Store for Apple devices.