MDC and partners holding landowner workshops on Farm Bill programs and other assistance
SOUTHEAST, Mo. – Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) Private Land Services staff are teaming up with staff from Quail Forever, Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS), Farm Service Agency (FSA), and the Soil and Water Conservation Districts (SWCD) to host a series of conservation workshops around southeast Missouri for landowners and land managers. The workshops will highlight changes in the Farm Bill programs and other opportunities to promote, restore, and enhance wildlife habitat. Landowners previously enrolled in the Conservation Security and Stewardship Program are encouraged to attend.
Dates, times, and locations of the workshops are:
- July 24 at 9 a.m. at the farm shop on County Road 106 in Campbell;
- Aug. 5 at 9 a.m. at Delta Growers, 313 Missouri 105 in Charleston;
- Aug. 7 at 9 a.m. at the New Madrid Country Club, 1376 Mill St. in New Madrid;
- Aug. 12 at 9 a.m. at the Clinton Building, 501 Campanella Drive in Sikeston; and
- Aug. 14 at 3 p.m. at Pemiscot County VoTech Career Center, 1317 West Highway 84 in Hayti.
Preregistration for August workshops is required by July 31. Contact your local NRCS office to register or with questions.
- Pemiscot County: 573-333-0751, Ext. 3
- New Madrid County: 573-748-5245, Ext. 3
- Mississippi County: 573-649-9930, Ext. 3
- Scott County: 573-545-3593, Ext. 3
MDC staff provide a variety of help to landowners, homeowners, and communities on a variety of habitat management issues, wildlife issues, and other conservation topics. Learn more about how we can help landowners and others, and find local MDC contacts, at mdc.mo.gov/your-property.