Discover nature with MDC at State Fair in Sedalia Aug. 7-17
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. – Discover nature with the Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) at the Missouri State Fair in Sedalia Aug. 7 – 17. Visit MDC's Conservation Building from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily to see aquaria full of live fish and other aquatic wildlife, and displays of live native animals such as snakes and turtles. Have conservation questions answered by MDC staff, get free stuff, and have fun.
Pop into MDC's air-conditioned Conservation Kids' Discovery Room between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. to have hands-on fun exploring nature through crafts and other activities.
Enjoy conservation-related demonstrations at the Department's outdoor pavilion including:
- Raptors of Missouri on Aug. 7 and 16 at 11 a.m., 1:30 p.m., and 4 p.m.
- Fish Cooking and Cleaning on Aug 8 and 9 at 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Firearm & Tree-Stand Safety on Aug. 10, 11, and 12 at 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Forest Products and a Circular Sawmill in Action on Aug. 13 at 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Missouri Wild Edibles on Aug. 14 at 11 .m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Forest Health on Aug. 15 at 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. and
- Fishing Equipment Tips on Aug. 17 at 11 a.m. at 1:30 p.m.
For more on how the Missouri Department of Conservation can help you discover nature, go online to mdc.mo.gov.