Do you have a grand, old evergreen that needs to be removed? Don’t just lose it — let us use it!
Send your entry by Oct. 10
Each year, the Missouri Department of Conservation searches statewide for an ideal evergreen to serve as the centerpiece of holiday festivities at the governor’s mansion in Jefferson City. If your evergreen is chosen to be this year’s holiday tree, you will receive a personalized thank-you from the governor and an invitation to the lighting ceremony, which usually occurs the first week of December.
Entries must be …
- An eastern white pine, Norway spruce, or eastern red cedar
- At least 40 feet tall
- Fully branched on all four sides
- Accessible by MDC equipment, such as large trucks
- Given at no cost to MDC
- Submitted by Oct. 10 so MDC staff can review them for the current year. Indicate whether your tree will be available after this year (and for how long).
Include the following information
- Pictures from several angles and distances
- Street address and Google map link
- Telephone contact information and email address
Send by email or regular mail
Missouri Department of Conservation
Attn: Holiday Tree
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0180