MEETING OF THE
MISSOURI CONSERVATION COMMISSION
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Conservation Department Eminence Office
Highway 19 North, Eminence, Missouri
10:30 a.m. – Executive Session (Closed)
Friday, May 27, 2011
Conservation Department Ozark Regional Office
551 Joe Jones Boulevard, West Plains, Missouri
8:30 a.m. – Regular Open Meeting
(Background documents related to each agenda item are available for public viewing at Conservation Department Headquarters, Jefferson City, for eight calendar days prior to the meeting. Any person who would like to comment to the Commission about a specific agenda item must make a written request to the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting. Speakers will be limited to five minutes each and number of speakers may be limited. Recording the open meeting is permissible, pursuant to any guidelines established by the Commission to minimize disruption to the meeting. Individuals wishing to record the open meeting by audiotape, videotape or other electronic means should notify the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting so accommodations for such recording can be made.)
Thursday, May 26, 10:30 a.m.
Executive Session (Vote to go into closed session – reconvene open meeting at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, May 27:
(1) Call to order and approval of minutes of previous Executive Session(s). (610.021 RSMo.)
(2) Consideration of supporting documentation for recommendation to suspend or revoke all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are juveniles or who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws. Action to be taken in open meeting. (Disclosure protected by law, 610.021(14), 454.440.9, 211.321, RSMo.)
(3) Consideration of confidential or privileged communications between the Commission and its Internal Auditor regarding work product. (Communications between public governmental body and its auditor, 610.021(17) RSMo.)
(4) Consideration of recommendation relating to the hiring/firing/disciplining/promoting of personnel. (Hiring, firing, disciplining or promoting, 610.021(3) RSMo.)
(5) Consideration of negotiated contracts. (Documents related to a negotiated contract, 610.021(12) RSMo.)
(6) Update on potential real estate transactions/negotiations. (Leasing, purchase or sale of real estate, 610.021(2) RSMo.)
(7) Consideration of legal actions and attorney-client privileged communications involving the Conservation Commission. (Legal actions, causes of action or litigation, 610.021(1) RSMo.)
Friday, May 27, 8:30 a.m. – Regular Open Meeting:
Approval of minutes of previous meeting.
Consideration of the Report of the Regulations Committee, which includes recommendations for the 2011-2012 deer hunting season and the 2011 Early Migratory Game Bird and Waterfowl Seasons.
9:00 a.m. Missouri Elk Research – Dr. Josh Millspaugh, O’Connor Distinguished Professor, University of Missouri.
Consideration of 1) April Monthly Financial Summary; and 2) recommendation for approval of the Fiscal Year 2012 Internal Expenditure Plan.
Consideration of 1) Major Construction/Development Projects Status Report; and 2) bids received for the construction of K Building Roof Replacement Project located in Cole County, and authorization to enter into a contract with the low bidder.
Recommendations for authorization to advertise and sell 1) an estimated 1.08 million board feet of timber located on 476 acres of Compartment 29, Sunklands Conservation Area in Shannon County; and 2) an estimated 1.02 million board feet of timber located on 336 acres of Compartment 1, Birch Creek Conservation Area in Shannon County.
9:45 a.m. Volunteer Service Award presented to Jeannette Erter for over 2,000 hours of service at Springfield Conservation Nature Center and Burr Oak Woods Nature Center.
10:00 a.m. Outreach and Education Division Report – Outreach and Education Division Chief Mike Huffman.
Recommendations for approval to 1) accept the donation of the Possum Walk Access, consisting of approximately 5 acres, in Nodaway County; and 2) convey approximately 0.02 acre of The Eva N. Davis Memorial Conservation Area in Andrew County to Andrew County for a bridge replacement project on County Road 125.
Recommendation for approval of personnel reclassifications.
Recommendation for approval of proposed responses to certain Resolutions adopted by the Conservation Federation of Missouri at its February 2011 annual meeting.
Recommendations for approval to suspend or revoke 1) one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of individuals for cause; 2) all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws; and 3) one or more hunting, fishing and trapping privileges of individuals in accordance with the terms of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact.
Announcement of actions taken in executive session, if any.
Other matters of interest.
Confirmation that the next regular meeting will be held July 7-8, 2011.