There are typically a large number of resident Canada geese and other waterfowl that utilize the August A. Busch Memorial Conservation Area throughout the year. These hunts are an effort to increase waterfowl hunting opportunities in the St. Louis Region while balancing multiple public uses on this popular Conservation Area. The Busch Area will remain open to the public during these waterfowl hunts. The following guidelines are proposed for these hunts:
- Applications begin September 1.
- Applications must be received by October 1.
- Only one (1) application per individual (duplicate applications will result in disqualification).
- Four (4) applicants will be selected by random drawing for each of four (4) hunt dates.
- Successful applicants will receive notification by email prior to October 15. Only successful applicants will be notified. A daily hunting permit and other information pertaining to the hunt will be mailed to the hunter two weeks prior to the beginning of their hunt.
- Successful applicants may bring up to three (3) hunting partners during the hunt.
The following guidelines are proposed for these hunts:
- All hunters must possess a valid Missouri hunting permit (if applicable), Migratory Bird Permit and Federal Waterfowl Stamp.
- Hunts will take place within the statewide waterfowl season for the Middle Zone.
- Statewide daily and possession limits will apply.
- Waterfowl hunting is allowed from one-half hour before sunrise until sunset.
- Hunters will be required to use non-toxic shot when hunting waterfowl at Busch Conservation Area.
- Hunters will be allowed to hunt adjacent to all area fishing lakes except for lakes 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 12, 15, 21, 22, 23, and 28.
- Layout boats will be allowed on Lakes 6, 34, 35, 36, 38. MDC boats will be made available for hunters on selected lakes only. No other private watercraft will be allowed.
- Areas that are posted as refuge or restricted, or shown on the area brochure map as refuge or restricted areas are not open to hunting. A map showing restricted areas will be provided to each successful applicant.