Native trees, shrubs and woody vines can help you improve wildlife habitat and soil and water conservation on your land. Order seedlings from the George O. White State Nursery from Nov. 15 through April 30.
The George O. White State Forest Nursery near Licking offers Missouri residents a variety of seedlings for reforestation, windbreaks, erosion control, as well as for wildlife food and cover.
You can buy tree and shrub seedlings from November 15 Through the End of April. The seedling order form appears in print and online November 15. You can order online, via the catalog on our website or from the print catalog. The earlier you submit your order, the more likely you are to get the species you request.
Seedlings are ...
- Bare root
- One, two or three years old, depending on species
- Available in single species bundles of 25 seedlings
- Available in bundles for specials uses
- For use all over Missouri
- Vary greatly in size and appearance depending on species.
For areas where a variety of seedlings are needed, in smaller quantities, special bundles can be designed as described in the seedling catalog:
- The Conservation Bundle is recommended for people who want to add a mix of trees and shrubs to their property.
- The Wildlife Cover Bundle will improve habitat and food sources for a number of Missouri wildlife species.
- The Wild Edibles Bundle will improve habitat and food sources for Missouri wildlife species.
- The Nut Tree Bundle can be designed with five nut-producing trees and shrubs.
- The Wetland Bundle can be designed with plants that can withstand wet soils.
- The Quail Cover Bundle provides plants for quail food and cover.
Costs to you
- Seedling bundles range from $6 to $64. Prices for each species are listed on the order form.
- No phone orders are accepted. Orders can be submitted by mail, Internet or fax. Orders are filled on a first-come, first-serve basis until supplies are depleted, and each year many species sell out quickly. To get the plants you want, please send your order to us as soon as possible.
Find out more about seedling orders.