Conservation Commission Agenda
Missouri Conservation Commission APRIL 2016 Meeting Tentative Agenda
- Wednesday, April 27: Budget Workshop - 1 p.m.
- Thursday, April 28: Budget Workshop - 8:30 a.m.
- Thursday, April 28: Closed Exeutive Session - 1 p.m.
- Friday, April 29: Regular Open Meetin g- 8:30 a.m.
Conservation Department Headquarters, 2901 West Truman Boulevard, Jefferson City, MO 65109
Background documents related to the open agenda items are available for public viewing at Conservation Department Headquarters, Jefferson City, for eight calendar days prior to the meeting. Any person who would like to comment to the Commission about a specific agenda item must make a written request to the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting. The time period allotted for public comment and the number of speakers will be at the Commission’s discretion. Recording the open meeting is permissible, pursuant to any guidelines established by the Commission to minimize disruption to the meeting. Individuals wishing to record the open meeting by audiotape, videotape, or other electronic means should notify the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting so accommodations for such recording can be made.
April 27-28, 2016 – Budget Workshop
Review and discussion of proposed Fiscal Year 2017 Internal Expenditure Plan (formal action to be taken in June).
April 28, 2016 – Closed Executive Session – 1 p.m.
Call to order, roll call, and vote to close meeting.
- Consideration of recommendations relating to the hiring/firing/disciplining/promoting of personnel (610.021(3) RSMo.).
- Approval of minutes of previous executive session(s) (610.021 RSMo.).
- Consideration of supporting documentation related to recommendations to suspend or revoke hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges (621.021(1), 610.021.14, 454.440.9, 211.321 RSMo.)
- Consideration of confidential or privileged communications between the Commission and its Internal Auditor regarding work product (610.021(17) RSMo.).
- Consideration of negotiated contracts (610.021(12) RSMo.).
- Consideration of potential real estate transactions/negotiations (610.021(2) RSMo.).
- Consideration of legal actions, causes of action, or litigation and attorney-client privileged communications as provided for in 610.021(1) RSMo.
- Adjourn closed session.
April 29, 2016 – Regular Open Meeting – 8:30 a.m.
- Call to order. -- Marilynn J. Bradford, Chair
- Action Item: Approval of minutes of previous open meeting.
- Staff Recognition/Recent Awards — Division Chiefs/Deputy Directors
- Staff Presentations:
- Communications Update— Joanie Straub, Outreach and Education Division Chief
- Grassland Systems Conservation Priorities -- Max Alleger, Wildlife Ecologist
- Forestry Division: Lisa Allen, Forestry Division Chief
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to advertise and sell an estimated 782,233 board feet of timber from 428 acres of Compartment 3, Clearwater Conservation Area in Reynolds County.
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to advertise and sell an estimated 935,459 board feet of timber from 268 acres of Compartment 9, University Forest Conservation Area in Wayne County.
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to advertise and sell an estimated 734,820 board feet of timber from 545 acres of Compartment 26, Sunklands Conservation Area in Shannon County.
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to advertise and sell an estimated 844,000 board feet of timber from 330 acres of Compartment 4, Birch Creek Conservation Area in Shannon County.
- Realty Committee:
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to accept the donation of approximately 10 acres in St. Louis County as an addition to Jean and Joan Goodson Conservation Area. — Jason Sumners, Wildlife Division Chief
- Information Technology Unit:
- Information Technology Projects Status Report — Douglas Fees, Information Technology Services Chief
- Design and Development Division:
- Major Construction Projects Status Report — Jacob Careaga, Design and Development Division Chief
- Administrative Services Division:
- Monthly Financial Summary — Cyndi Voss, Administrative Services Division Chief
- Human Resources Division: Tom Neubauer, Human Resources Division Chief
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval of personnel reclassification(s).
- Quarterly Report of Personnel Changes
- Regulations Committee:
- Report of the Regulations Committee -- Tom Draper, Deputy Director and Chairman, Regulations Committee
- Presentation/Action Item: Recommendations for 2016-2017 migratory bird season dates and limits -- Doreen Mengel, Resource Scientist
- Presentation/Action Item: 2015-2016 Harvest Summary; final recommendations for rules pertaining to the 2016-2017 deer hunting season (Chronic Wasting Disease management, managed hunts, conservation area regulations) -- Barbara Keller, Resource Scientist
- Presentation/Action Item: Recommendations for 2017-2020 duck zone boundary and season date formula -- Andy Raedeke, Resource Scientist
- Update: Chronic Wasting Disease sampling efforts for fall deer season -- Mike Hubbard, Resource Science Division Chief
- Internal Audit: Lisa Wehmeyer, Internal Auditor
- Action Item: Recommendations for approval to:
- Suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of individuals for cause.
- Suspend or revoke all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws.
- Suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges of individuals in accordance with the terms of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact.
- Suspend or revoke hunting privileges of one individual who inflicted injury to another person while hunting.
- Legislative Report -- Aaron Jeffries, Deputy Director
- Other matters of interest.