Missouri Conservation Commission DECEMBER 2018
Meeting Tentative Agenda
- Thursday, Dec. 13, 12:30 p.m. -- CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION
- Friday, Dec. 14, 8:30 a.m. -- REGULAR OPEN MEETING
Conservation Department Headquarters, 2901 West Truman Boulevard in Jefferson City
Background documents related to the open agenda items are available for public viewing at Conservation Department Headquarters, Jefferson City, for eight calendar days prior to the meeting. Any person who would like to comment to the Commission about a specific agenda item must make a written request to the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting. The time allotted for public comment and the number of speakers will be at the Commission’s discretion. Recording the open meeting is permissible, pursuant to any guidelines established by the Commission to minimize disruption to the meeting. Individuals wishing to record the open meeting by audiotape, videotape, or other electronic means should notify the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting so accommodations for such recording can be made.
To view the live streaming of the Dec. 14 meeting, or to watch recordings of past meetings, go to http://on.mo.gov/2nodPJU.
December 13, 2018 – 12:30 p.m. Closed Executive Session
- Vote to close meeting.
- E.1 – Approval of minutes of previous executive session(s) (610.021 RSMo.)
- E.2 – Consideration of supporting documentation related to recommendations to suspend or revoke hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges (621.021(1), 610.021.14, 454.440.9, 211.321 RSMo.)
- E.3 – Consideration of confidential or privileged communications between the Commission and its Internal Auditor regarding work product (610.021(17) RSMo.).
- E.4 – Consideration of negotiated contracts (610.021(12) RSMo.).
- E.5 – Consideration of recommendations relating to the hiring/firing/disciplining/promoting of personnel (610.021(3) RSMo.).
- E.6 – Consideration of potential real estate transactions/negotiations (610.021(2) RSMo.).
- E.7 – Consideration of legal actions, causes of action, or litigation and attorney-client privileged communications as provided for in 610.021(1) RSMo.
- Adjourn closed session.
December 14, 2018 – 8:30 a.m. – Regular Open Meeting
Call to order -- Marilynn J. Bradford, Chair
- 1. Presentation: Year in Review -- Sara Parker Pauley, Director
- 2. Staff Recognition/Recent National Awards - Introductions by Division Chief(s)
- 3. Action Item: Consideration of items on the Consent Calendar (to be approved with a single action unless any Commission member requests an item be removed and taken up separately). Items removed will be addressed as the last action item on the meeting agenda.
Mike Hubbard, Deputy Director and Chair, Regulations Committee
- 4. Report of the Regulations Committee
- a) Action Items: Final consideration of a series of recommendations for changes to the Wildlife Code identified during the mid-year review
- b) Action Item: Consideration of a proposed amendment to 3 CSR 10-9.220 Confined Wildlife: Privileges, Permits, Standards
- c) Presentation/Action Item: 2019 Missouri Wild Turkey Hunting Regulation Recommendations -- Presentation by Jason Isabelle, Resource Scientist
- d) Action Item: Recommendation to set season dates for each portion of the 2019-2020 firearms deer hunting season
Administrative Services Division:
- 5. Financial Report -- Andrew Bond, Financial Services Chief
Design and Development Division:
Jacob Careaga, Design and Development Division Chief
- 6. Action Item: Consideration of bids for construction of Fountain Grove Conservation Area Golden Anniversary Wetland Renovation Phase II Pump Station Replacement project located in Livingston County
- 7. Action Item: Consideration of bids for construction of the Conservation Commission Headquarters K Building Cooling System Replacement project located in Cole County
Outreach and Education Division:
- 8. Presentation: Discover Nature Schools Program -- Stephanie McKinney and Steve Juhlin, Education Outreach Coordinators, with introduction by Jeff Cockerham, Outreach and Education Division Chief
Jennifer Battson Warren, Deputy Director and Chair, Realty Committee
- 9. Action Item: Recommendation for approval to purchase approximately 2.37 acres in Phelps County as a relocation of the Jerome Access
- 10. Action Item: Recommendation for approval to purchase two tracts containing approximately 63.25 acres and 7.2 acres, respectively, in Jefferson County as an addition to Young Conservation Area
- 11. Action Item: Recommendation for approval to purchase approximately 105 acres in Cass County as a new conservation area, and to name the new area the Dr. Harry and Mrs. Lina Berrier Memorial Conservation Area
- 12. Action Item: Recommendation for approval to purchase approximately 190 acres in Perry County as an addition to Blue Spring Branch Conservation Area.
- 13. Action Item: Recommendation for approval to accept the donation of approximately 118 acres in Dent County as an addition to White River Trace Conservation Area, subject to the reservation of a life estate
- 14. Presentation: Unmanned Aerial Systems (Drone) Use Policy Proposal -- Tony Spicci, GIS Supervisor, with introduction by Jennifer Battson Warren, Deputy Director
- 15. Legislative Update -- Aaron Jeffries, Deputy Director
- 16. Action Item: Recommendation for approval of nomination of Clinton “Clint” Trammel for induction into the Missouri Conservation Hall of Fame -- Mike Hubbard, Deputy Director
- 17. Action Item: Recommendation for approval of nomination of Dr. Grant Woods for recognition as a Master Conservationist -- Mike Hubbard, Deputy Director
- 18. Action Item: Consideration of items removed from the Consent Calendar, if any
- 19. Other matters of interest.
- 20. Adjourn.
FUTURE MEETING DATES
- February 7-8, 2019
- April 11-12, 2019
- May 22-23, 2019
- June 27-28, 2019
- August 22-23, 2019
- October 10-11, 2019
- December 12-13, 2019
Items on the following Consent Calendar either require Commission Action (if noted) or may be written reports presented for Commission information only.
The Consent Calendar covers routine items to be taken up by the Commission as the first order of business and approved with a single action. Any Commission member may request an item be removed from the Consent Calendar to be addressed individually. Any Commission member may abstain from voting on an item without removing it by specifying the item number and his/her desire to abstain prior to the vote. Items removed from the Consent Calendar are taken up in numerical order as called for by the Commission Chair or as listed on the regular meeting agenda.
- C.1 Action Item: Approval of minutes of previous open meeting(s)
- C.2 Action Item: Recommendation for approval to suspend or revoke all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws -- Lisa Wehmeyer, Internal Auditor
- C.3 Action Item: Recommendation for approval to suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of individuals for cause -- Lisa Wehmeyer, Internal Auditor
- C.4 Action Item: Recommendation for approval to suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges of individuals in accordance with the terms of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact -- Lisa Wehmeyer, Internal Auditor
- C.5 Action Item: Recommendation for approval to suspend or revoke hunting privileges of individual(s) who inflicted injury to another person while hunting -- Lisa Wehmeyer, Internal Auditor
- C.6 Major Construction Projects Status Report -- Jacob Careaga, Design and Development Division Chief
- C.7 Information Technology Projects Status Report -- Douglas Fees, Information Technology Services Chief
- C.8 Action Item: Recommendation for concurrence and approval of a change to the Agreement and Declaration of Trust for the Conservation Employees’ Benefits Plan, along with a period Plan Update -- Tom Neubauer, Human Resources Division Chief
- C.9 Action Item: Recommendation for approval to advertise and sell an estimated 1,105,016 board feet of timber located on 339 acres of Compartment 9, Clearwater Conservation Area in Reynolds County -- John Tuttle, Acting Forestry Division Chief
- C.10 Action Item: Recommendation for approval and adoption of Bylaws of the Missouri Conservation Commission -- Jennifer Frazier, General Counsel