- Thursday, March 25, 10:30 a.m. – BUDGET WORKSHOP and CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION at Shoal Creek Conservation Education Center, 201 Riviera Drive in Joplin
- Friday, March 26, 8 a.m. REGULAR OPEN MEETING at Roaring River State Park, 12716 Farm Road 2239 in Cassville
Background documents related to open meeting agenda items are available for public viewing at Conservation Department Headquarters, Jefferson City, for eight calendar days prior to the meeting. Any person who would like to comment to the Commission about a specific agenda item must make a written request to the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting. The time allotted for public comment and the number of speakers will be at the Commission’s discretion. Recording the open meeting is permissible, pursuant to any guidelines established by the Commission to minimize disruption to the meeting. Individuals wishing to record the open meeting by audiotape, videotape, or other electronic means should notify the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting so accommodations for such recording can be made.
To view live streaming of the open meeting, or to watch recordings of past meetings, go to http://on.mo.gov/2nodPJU.
March 25, 10:30 a.m. — Budget Workshop and Closed Executive Session
Vote to close meeting.
- Aproval of minutes of previous executive session(s) (610.021 RSMo.).
- Consideration of supporting documentation related to recommendations to suspend or revoke hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges (621.021(1), 610.021.14, 454.440.9, 211.321 RSMo.)
- Consideration of confidential or privileged communications between the Commission and its Internal Auditor regarding work product (610.021(17) RSMo.).
- Consideration of negotiated contracts (610.021(12) RSMo.).
- Consideration of legal actions, causes of action, or litigation and attorney-client privileged communications as provided for in 610.021(1) RSMo.
- Consideration of potential real estate transactions/negotiations (610.021(2) RSMo.).
- Consideration of recommendations relating to the hiring/firing/disciplining/promoting of personnel (610.021(3) RSMo.).
Adjourn closed session.
March 26, 8 a.m. — Regular Open Meeting
Call to order — Don C. Bedell, Chair
- Director’s Comments — Sara Parker Pauley, Director
- Action Item: Consideration of items on the Consent Calendar (to be approved with a single action unless any Commission member requests an item be removed and taken up separately). Items removed will be addressed as the last action item on the meeting agenda.
- Action Item: Report of the Regulations Committee, and associated action items — Mike Hubbard, Deputy Director and Chair, Regulations Committee
- Presentation/Action Item: Recommendations for 2021 dove season dates and limits; and 2021-22 migratory bird season dates and limits with presentation by Andy Raedeke, Environmental Resource Scientist, and action item by Mike Hubbard, Deputy Director and Chair, Regulations Committee
- Presentation/Action Item: Recommendations for 2021 black bear season quotas with presentation by Laura Conlee, Furbearer Biologist, and action item by Mike Hubbard, Deputy Director and Chair, Regulations Committee
- Action Item: Consideration of nominations of individuals for recognition as Master Conservationists — Mike Hubbard, Deputy Director
Administration - Budget:
- Financial Report - Andrew Bond, Chief Financial Officer
Infrastructure Management Branch:
- Major Construction Projects Status Report - Jacob Careaga, Infrastructure Branch Chief
- Action Item: Consideration of items removed from the Consent Calendar, if any
- Legislative Update - Aaron Jeffries, Deputy Director
Other matters of interest
Items on the following Consent Calendar either require Commission Action (if noted) or may be written reports presented for Commission information only.
The Consent Calendar covers routine items to be taken up by the Commission as the first order of business and approved with a single action. Any Commission member may request an item be removed from the Consent Calendar to be addressed individually. Any Commission member may abstain from voting on an item without removing it by specifying the item number and his/her desire to abstain prior to the vote. Items removed from the Consent Calendar are taken up in numerical order as called for by the Commission Chair or as listed on the regular meeting agenda.
- C.1 Action Item: Approval of minutes of previous open meeting(s)
- C.2 Action Item: Recommendation for approval to suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of individuals for cause — Catherine Lucia, Internal Auditor
- C.3 Action Item: Consideration of request for reinstatement of hunting privileges — Catherine Lucia, Internal Auditor
- C.4 Action Item: Recommendation for approval to advertise and sell an estimated 1,357,223 board feet of timber located on 473 acres of Compartment 3, Coldwater Conservation Area in Wayne County — Justine Gartner, Forestry Section Chief
- C.5 Personnel Changes Report — Tom Neubauer, Human Resources Branch Chief
- C.6 Conservation Employees’ Benefits Plan Update — Tom Neubauer, Human Resources Branch Chief
- C.7 Information Technology Projects Status Report — Douglas Fees, Information Technology Branch Chief