- Thursday, Dec. 12, 1:15 p.m. — CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION
- Friday, Dec. 13, 8:30 a.m. — REGULAR OPEN MEETING Conservation Department Headquarters, 2901 W. Truman Blvd. in Jefferson City
Background documents related to the open agenda items are available for public viewing at Conservation Department Headquarters, Jefferson City, for eight calendar days prior to the meeting. Any person who would like to comment to the Commission about a specific agenda item must make a written request to the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting. The time allotted for public comment and the number of speakers will be at the Commission’s discretion. Recording the open meeting is permissible, pursuant to any guidelines established by the Commission to minimize disruption to the meeting. Individuals wishing to record the open meeting by audiotape, videotape, or other electronic means should notify the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting so accommodations for such recording can be made.
To view the live streaming of the open meeting, or to watch recordings of past meetings, go to http://on.mo.gov/2nodPJU.
December 12 at 1:15 p.m. — Closed Executive Session
- Vote to close meeting
- Approval of minutes of previous executive session(s) (610.021 RSMo.)
- Consideration of supporting documentation related to recommendations to suspend or revoke hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges (621.021(1), 610.021.14, 454.440.9, 211.321 RSMo.)
- Consideration of confidential or privileged communications between the Commission and its Internal Auditor regarding work product (610.021(17) RSMo.)
- Consideration of negotiated contracts (610.021(12) RSMo.)
- Consideration of potential real estate transactions/negotiations (610.021(2) RSMo.).
- Consideration of legal actions, causes of action, or litigation and attorney-client privileged communications as provided for in 610.021(1) RSMo
- Consideration of recommendations relating to the hiring/firing/disciplining/promoting of personnel (610.021(3) RSMo.)
- Adjourn closed session
December 13 at 8:30 a.m. — Regular Open Meeting
Call to order — Don C. Bedell, Chair
- Director’s Comments/Year in Review — Sara Parker Pauley, Director
- Operational Excellence Update — Kendra Witthaus, Assistant to Director – Operational Excellence
- Action Item: Consideration of items on the Consent Calendar (to be approved with a single action unless any Commission member requests an item be removed and taken up separately). Items removed will be addressed as the last action item on the meeting agenda.
- Staff Recognition/Recent National Awards — Deputy Directors/Division Chiefs
Mike Hubbard, Deputy Director and Chair, Regulations Committee
- Report of the Regulations Committee
- Action Item: Final consideration of a series of recommendations for changes to the Wildlife Code identified during the mid-year review
- Presentation/Action Item: 2020 Missouri Wild Turkey Hunting Regulation Recommendations — Presentation by Reina Tyl, Turkey Biologist
- Action Item: Recommendation to set season dates for each portion of the 2020-2021 firearms deer hunting season
- Ginseng Regulation Review — Malissa Briggler, State Botanist, with introduction by Mike Hubbard, Deputy Director and Chair, Regulations Committee
Administrative Services Division
- Financial Report — Andrew Bond, Financial Services Chief
- Land Conservation Strategy 101 — Jennifer Battson Warren, Deputy Director and Chair, Realty Committee
- Action Item: Consideration of items removed from the Consent Calendar, if any
- Legislative Update — Aaron Jeffries, Deputy Director
- Other matters of interest
Future Meeting Dates
- January 29-30, 2020
- April 8-9, 2020
- May 28-29, 2020
- July 9-10, 2020
- September 3-4, 2020
- October 22-23, 2020
- December 10-11, 2020
Items on the following Consent Calendar either require Commission Action (if noted) or may be written reports presented for Commission information only.
The Consent Calendar covers routine items to be taken up by the Commission as the first order of business and approved with a single action. Any Commission member may request an item be removed from the Consent Calendar to be addressed individually. Any Commission member may abstain from voting on an item without removing it by specifying the item number and his/her desire to abstain prior to the vote. Items removed from the Consent Calendar are taken up in numerical order as called for by the Commission Chair or as listed on the regular meeting agenda.
- Action Item: Approval of minutes of previous open meeting(s)
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to suspend or revoke all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws — Lisa Wehmeyer, Internal Auditor
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of individuals for cause — Lisa Wehmeyer, Internal Auditor
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges of individuals in accordance with the terms of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact — Lisa Wehmeyer, Internal Auditor
- Action Item: Conservation Employees’ Benefits Plan update and recommendation to appoint a new staff representative to the Board of Trustees for a three-year term
- Major Construction Projects Status Report — Jacob Careaga, Design and Development Division Chief
- nformation Technology Projects Status Report — Douglas Fees, Information Technology Services Chief