NOTE: MDC headquarters, along with other state office buildings throughout Missouri, are temporarily closed to visitors as a precaution due to the COVID-19 virus. To view the live streaming of the open meeting at 1 p.m., or to watch recordings of past meetings, go to http://on.mo.gov/2nodPJU. Call MDC at 573-751-4115 with questions.
Missouri Conservation Commission April 2020 Meeting Tentative Agenda
Wednesday, April 8, at MDC Headquarters, 2901 W. Truman Blvd. in Jefferson City
- 10 a.m. — Budget Workshopand Closed Executive Session
- 1 p.m. — Regular Open Meeting
Background documents related to the open agenda items are available for public viewing at Conservation Department Headquarters, Jefferson City, for eight calendar days prior to the meeting. Any person who would like to comment to the Commission about a specific agenda item must make a written request to the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting. The time allotted for public comment and the number of speakers will be at the Commission’s discretion. Recording the open meeting is permissible, pursuant to any guidelines established by the Commission to minimize disruption to the meeting. Individuals wishing to record the open meeting by audiotape, videotape, or other electronic means should notify the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting so accommodations for such recording can be made.
MDC headquarters, along with other state office buildings throughout Missouri, are temporarily closed to visitors as a precaution due to the COVID-19 virus. To view the live streaming of the open meeting at 1 p.m., or to watch recordings of past meetings, go to http://on.mo.gov/2nodPJU. Call MDC at 573-751-4115 with questions.
April 8, 10 a.m. — Budget Workshop then Closed Executive Session:
- Budget Workshop
- Vote to close meeting
- Approval of minutes of previous executive session(s) (610.021 RSMo.)
- Consideration of supporting documentation related to recommendations to suspend or revoke hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges (621.021(1), 610.021.14, 454.440.9, 211.321 RSMo.)
- Consideration of confidential or privileged communications between the Commission and its Internal Auditor regarding work product (610.021(17) RSMo.)
- Consideration of negotiated contracts (610.021(12) RSMo.)
- Consideration of potential real estate transactions/negotiations (610.021(2) RSMo.)
- Consideration of legal actions, causes of action, or litigation and attorney-client privileged communications as provided for in 610.021(1) RSMo.
- Consideration of recommendations relating to the hiring/firing/disciplining/promoting of personnel (610.021(3) RSMo.)
- Adjourn closed session
April 8, 1 p.m. — Regular Open Meeting:
- Call to order — Don C. Bedell, Chair
- Director’s Comments — Sara Parker Pauley, Director
- Action Item: Consideration of items on the Consent Calendar (to be approved with a single action unless any Commission member requests an item be removed and taken up separately). Items removed will be addressed as the last action item on the meeting agenda.
- Mike Hubbard, Deputy Director and Chair, Regulations Committee
- Action Item: Report of the Regulations Committee, and associated action items
- Presentation/Action Item: Recommendations for 2020 dove season dates and limits, and for 2020-21 migratory bird season dates and limits — Presentation by Andy Raedeke, Environmental Resource Scientist
- Action Item: Recommendations for 2020 elk season quotas
- Feral Hog Update — Jason Jensen, Private Land Services Chief
- 4. Action Item: Consideration of items removed from the Consent Calendar, if any
- 5. Other matters of interest
- 6. Adjourn
Future Meeting Dates
- May 28-29, 2020
- July 9-10, 2020
- September 3-4, 2020
- October 22-23, 2020
- December 10-11, 2020
Items on the following Consent Calendar either require Commission Action (if noted) or may be written reports presented for Commission information only.
The Consent Calendar covers routine items to be taken up by the Commission as the first order of business and approved with a single action. Any Commission member may request an item be removed from the Consent Calendar to be addressed individually. Any Commission member may abstain from voting on an item without removing it by specifying the item number and his/her desire to abstain prior to the vote. Items removed from the Consent Calendar are taken up in numerical order as called for by the Commission Chair or as listed on the regular meeting agenda.
- Action Item: Approval of minutes of previous open meeting(s)
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to suspend or revoke all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws — Lisa Wehmeyer, Internal Auditor
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges of individuals in accordance with the terms of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact (IWVC) — Lisa Wehmeyer, Internal Auditor
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval of all future a) child support permit suspensions upon receipt from the Department of Social Services; and b) IWVC-based permit revocations upon receipt from IWVC and ratification by Department staff — Jenny Frazier, General Counsel
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of individuals for cause — Lisa Wehmeyer, Internal Auditor
- Action Item: Consideration of request(s) for reinstatement of one or more hunting and/or fishing privileges — Lisa Wehmeyer, Internal Auditor
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to suspend or revoke hunting privileges of individual(s) who inflicted injury to another person while hunting — Lisa Wehmeyer, Internal Auditor
- Status Reports (not action items):
- Financial Report — Andrew Bond, Financial Services Chief
- Major Construction Projects Status Report — Jacob Careaga, Design and Development Division Chief
- Information Technology Projects Status Report — Douglas Fees, Information Technology Services Chief
- Quarterly Report of Personnel Changes — Tom Neubauer, Human Resources Division Chief
- Recommendation for approval of policy and procedural changes for one Department policy: Attendance and Work Hours — Tom Neubauer, Human Resources Division Chief