Missouri Waterfowl Seasons at a Glance
|Zone||Youth Days||Ducks||Canada Geese & Brant||White-fronted Geese||Light Geese (snow, blue, Ross’s)*|
Waterfowl seasons are set in the middle of August during the monthly Conservation Commission meeting.
The Conservation Order for light geese will be in effect from Feb. 1 to April 30 with no bag limit. Hunters may use electronic calls and unplugged shotguns, and shoot from ½ hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset. A Conservation Order Permit is the only permit required for residents & nonresidents during this time.
New for 2012-2013
- Middle Zone Youth Season will take place the weekend before the regular season
- Scaup bag limit is now 4 instead of 2.
Duck Bag Limit:
6 ducks daily. The possession limit is twice the daily limit. Note: During teal season, the daily bag limit is 4, and 8 in possession.
|Duck||Daily Bag Limit||Possession Limit|
|Mallards||4 (only 2 females)||8 (4 for females)|
Goose Bag Limit:
|Goose||Bag Limit||Possession Limit|
|Light geese||20||no limit|
1/2 hour before sunrise to sunset. Note: During teal season, shooting hours are sunrise to sunset.
Youth Waterfowl Hunting Days:
- North: October 20-21
- Middle: October 27-28
- South: November 17-18
Season Date Formulas:
- 60-Day: Last Saturday in October
- 45-Day: First Saturday in November
- 30-Day: Second Saturday in November
- 60-Day: First Saturday in November
- 45-Day: Second Saturday in November
- 30-Day: Third Saturday in November
- 60-Day: Thanksgiving Day
- 45-Day: First Saturday in December
- 30-Day: Second Saturday in December