Jump to Columbia Bottom’s Conservation Atlas record for full details, including directions, permitted activities, map, brochure, and complete regulations.
- Free and open to the public
- Large, diverse area close to St. Louis metro area offers a wide range of fishing, hunting, trails, nature-viewing, and education programs
Closed from one-half hour after sunset until one-half hour before sunrise daily except for authorized hunting and fishing activities and launching and landing boats
- Wednesday through Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Go north 2.8 miles from the I-270 Riverview Drive exit. Riverview Drive becomes Columbia Bottom Road at its intersection with Larimore Road.
Fun to see, do, and learn
Facility and exhibits
- Disabled-accessible visitor center with exhibits and displays
- Lots of programs, workshops, and special events. Check the Events block to the right.
- More than 15 miles of hiking and multi-use trails for bicycling and horseback riding. See regulations below.
Fishing, hunting, and nature viewing
- Several disabled-accessible ramps, jetties, waterfowl blinds, viewing blind, boardwalk, and viewing deck/tower
- Shop for MDC-produced books, calendars, DVDs, and other nature-related gifts.
- Bicycles are allowed only on roads open to vehicles and designated trails. Bicycles are not permitted on service roads or the River’s Edge Trail. Madison Ferry Trail is open only from April 1 through August 31.
- No free running pets.
- Dogs must be leashed or otherwise confined when not being trained or used for authorized hunting.
- Motor vehicles are restricted to the area parking lots and roadways.
- Target shooting, fireworks, and open fires are prohibited.
- Horseback riding is allowed only on the Madison Ferry Trail and from April 1 through August 31.
- Hunting is permitted only during managed hunts or by holders of a valid daily tag.
- Fishing is permitted in the Missouri and Mississippi Rivers by statewide regulations.
- Trapping of furbearers allowed only with a special-use permit.