The August A. Busch Memorial Conservation Area Shooting Range and Outdoor Education Center in St. Charles is closed for renovation beginning in January 2015. See the details in the link below.
Archery Range Complex
The newly renovated Busch Archery Range Complex is now open.
The new Archery Range Complex occupies the same location as before with the following improvements:
A static range with 20 targets, including:
- 14 targets arranged from 10 – 40 yards in five yard increments.
- One elevated platform approximately 10 feet in height with ADA access that includes six targets, one every five yards between 15 and 40 yards.
The static range will also incorporate two Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) parking spots and ADA-compliant concrete sidewalks and accesses.
There are also two walk-through field archery ranges which include:
- A mile-long loop trail and a half-mile out-and-back trail, also with 14 target stations each.
- Target distances from 10 – 60 yards will be provided on both walk through ranges. Each target lane includes a short marked distance and a longer marked distance to accommodate different levels of skill.
Archery Range Complex hours
- Tuesday – Sunday, 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset, unless otherwise posted.
- The range will be closed on Mondays for maintenance.
- The range is unstaffed and use will be free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis.
- You must fill out a Range User Card, and keep in your possession while you are shooting, and place it in the drop box when shooting is complete.