The August A. Busch Memorial Conservation Area Shooting Range and Outdoor Education Center in St. Charles is closed for renovation beginning in January 2015. See the details in the link below.
Archery Range Complex
The new Archery Range Complex will have a dedication ceremony and public open house on Thursday, June 4.
Schedule for June 4:
4:00 p.m.: Grand opening ceremony and dedication comments.
4:30 — 5:30: Open house. Tour the facility before it opens for shooting.
5:30 p.m.: Archery range officially opens for public use.
Friday, June 5 is the first full day of operation.
The new Archery Range Complex occupies the same location as before with the following improvements:
A static range with 20 targets, including:
- 14 targets arranged from 10 – 40 yards in five yard increments.
- One elevated platform approximately 10 feet in height with ADA access that includes six targets, one every five yards between 15 and 40 yards.
The static range will also incorporate two Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) parking spots and ADA-compliant concrete sidewalks and accesses.
There are also two walk-through field archery ranges which include:
- A mile-long loop trail and a half-mile out-and-back trail, also with 14 target stations each.
- Target distances from 10 – 60 yards will be provided on both walk through ranges. Each target lane includes a short marked distance and a longer marked distance to accommodate different levels of skill.
Archery Range Complex hours
- Tuesday – Sunday, 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset, unless otherwise posted.
- The range will be closed on Mondays for maintenance.
- The range is unstaffed and use will be free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis.