Frequently Asked Questions
Roaring River State park has three different offices which offer specific services. The park store and the Emory Melton Inn and Conference Center are operated by a private concessionaire. The hatchery is operated by the Department of Conservation. The park, campgrounds, and nature center are operated by the Department of Natural Resources.
Where do I go and how do I get there?
- If you need to purchase a fishing permit, daily tag, trout permit, purchase fishing equipment, camping supplies, groceries or get tips on what lure is working best, go to the park store located near the bridge on Hwy 112. The park store can be reached at (417) 847-4971.
- To rent a cabin, get a room at the Inn, or enjoy a meal in the restaurant, visit the Emory Melton Inn and Conference Center. The Inn can be reached at (417) 847-2330.
- To reserve an open shelter or the group camp (Camp Smokey), rent a campsite or get general information about the park, visit the Park Office located directly across from the swimming pool. The Park Ranger can also be contacted there. The Park Office can be reached at (417) 847-2539. To reserve a campsite call (800) 334-6946 or visit Roaring River State Park's website.
- To be sure of fishing regulations, report a fishing violation, attend a hatchery tour, or feed the fish, see the folks at Roaring River Hatchery. The hatchery is located in the north end of the park next to the spring. The hatchery can be reached at (417) 847-2430.
- To get information on park programs, get answers about the natural resources in the park, or to schedule special programs for groups, see the Nature Center located off Hwy F. The Nature Center can be reached at (417) 847-3742.
- Whatever the need, the store personnel, Department of Natural Resources and Department of Conservation staff are all here to serve you and are available to help in any way to make your visit safe and enjoyable.