Roaring River Hatchery and Trout Park
Jump to the hatchery’s Conservation Atlas page for full details, including directions, permitted activities, map, brochure, and regulations.
- One of Missouri’s oldest hatcheries, Roaring River Hatchery produces and stocks more than 250,000 rainbow trout each year. Most go to the 1.6 miles of trout stream that lie within the boundaries of Roaring River State Park.
- Every year, more than 100,000 people visit to fish and enjoy the park’s many attractions.
- Browse the Roaring River State Park website below for full details about fishing, camping, lodging, dining, swimming, hiking, nature study, picnicking, and playgrounds.
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, all year
- Office is open 24 hours a day for general information.
- The hatchery is open to visitors from dawn until 10 p.m. year-round, including holidays.
Directions and contact
- Find the area’s physical address, phone number, Google map, and email under Address Information to the right.
Fun to see, do, and learn
- Fish hatchery
- Fishing jetty/platform
- Staffed office
- From Memorial Day through Labor Day, guided tours of the hatchery facility begin at 2 p.m. daily.
- Between Labor Day and Memorial Day, guided tours are available for groups on request. Call the hatchery office to schedule a group tour.
- Eagle Days are an annual highlight. Browse other programs in Events to the right of this page.
- See the state park link below for info on park trails.
- Birdwatching is allowed on the hatchery area and throughout the park.
- Eight wayside sign exhibits on the hatchery grounds