Jump to Cape’s Conservation Atlas record for full details, including directions, permitted activities, map, brochure, and complete regulations.
- Free and open to the public.
- Join us for special events, hike a trail, or get acquainted with Missouri’s fascinating wildlife.
- Schedule a school or youth-group visit. Bus parking available. See Cape’s Interpretive Programs Guide below.
- Open daily from sunrise to 10 p.m.
- 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday
- Closed on Sundays and Mondays, New Year's Day, Thanksgiving, the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Inside Cape Girardeau's North County Park, just east of Interstate 55 (Exit 99) and Kingshighway (State Highway 61).
Fun to see, do, and learn
Facility and exhibits
- 160-seat auditorium, three classrooms, hands-on exhibits for all ages, a scientific research laboratory, freshwater aquariums, and an indoor wildlife-viewing area
- Lots of programs, workshops, and special events. Check out the Events block to the right.
- Two-mile White Oak Trace nature trail. Download the trail map listed below.
- MDC Nature Shop featuring books, calendars, DVDs, toys, and other nature-related gifts
- No pets, horses, hunting, collecting, littering, fires, and alcoholic beverages on the nature center grounds or trails
- No jogging, bicycling, skateboarding, in-line skating, scooters, and motorized vehicles on the trails
- Our Kids' Fishing Pond is for people 15 and younger.