Jump to the Lake City Range Conservation Atlas page for full details, including directions, permitted activities, map, brochure, and regulations.
Lake City Shooting Range and Outdoor Education Center’s rifle range (25-100yds) will be closed on Wednesday, December 24th and 31st so that construction repairs can be made to the baffling system. All other ranges at Lake City are open during the rifle range shut down. Check our hours of operation or call 816-249-3194.
Repairs at the range have limited the number of rifle booths available. In order to accommodate as many shooters as possible, there is a two-hour maximum stay on the rifle range until all booths are available again.
- September 17, 2014 - April 30, 2015
Wednesday through Sunday
Noon to 4:30 p.m.
- May 1 - September 14, 2014
Wednesday through Sunday
Noon to 6:00 p.m.
- Deer Sight-In Hours: October 14 - November 14, 2014
- Closed Monday, Tuesday, and all state and federal holidays.
- Notice: Lake City Shooting Range will be closed to the public on September 6, 2014 for a Disabled Youth/Family event. The facility will reopen to the public on September 7, 2014 at the normal public hours.
Find phone number, address, and Google map in Address Information to the right.
- Available for group use by prior arrangement only.
- A minimum three-week advance registration is required, and special fees apply.
- Call to register.
Facilities, fees, and features
- Rifle: $3 per hour per booth. First hour paid in advance. Remainder at checkout. Twenty-point, covered firing range with target sockets at 25, 50, 75, and 100 yards. Bench and rest seat provided for shooters. Note: Shooters must bring their own required hearing and eye protection.
- Pistol: $3 per hour per booth. First hour paid in advance. Remainder at checkout. Twenty-point, covered firing range with target sockets at 7, 15, and 25 yards. Bench is provided for shooters. Note: Shooters must bring their own required hearing and eye protection.
- Trap and skeet ranges: $3 per person per round (25 birds). No charge to youth groups (age 18 and under) for educational shooting.
- Archery Range: $3 per hour. It is a static range with 12 shooting positions. Ranges are from 10 to 60 yards. Archery area has crossbow capability.
- Training/meeting room: $20 per hour per permit. Facility classroom seats 75 people and is available for group use on days closed to the public. Paper targets and holders provided.