Jump to the Runge Nature Center's Conservation Atlas record for full details, including directions, permitted activities, map, brochure, and complete regulations.
This 100-acre area in Jefferson City features a visitor center with exhibits and live-animal displays, special events, trails, demonstrations, and diverse natural habitats.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday: 8 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Closed Sunday, Monday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day.
- 6 a.m. – 9 p.m. daily when area is open
- Closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Day, and all state holidays on Mondays
- See View Map in the Address Information block to the right of this page.
Fun to see, do, and learn
Facility and exhibits
- 200-seat auditorium, three classrooms, and indoor wildlife-viewing area, library, and 3,000 square feet of exciting exhibits
- All indoor facilities are disabled-accessible
- Pull-through bus and RV parking
Programs and events
- Register for naturalist-led programs for families, scouts, schools, and other community groups. Please use the Runge School Programs brochure listed below to plan and schedule your program.
- Check the Events block to the right for a list of public events and workshops.
- Hike 2.4 miles of trails (one trail is disabled-accessible)
- Shop for MDC-produced books, calendars, DVDs, and other nature-related gifts.
- No pets, horses, hunting, fishing, collecting, littering, fires and alcoholic beverages
- No bicycling, jogging, in-line skating, or motorized vehicles.