Before heading out to fish or hunt for deer, turkey, waterfowl, furbearers, or small game, be sure to buy the right permits. You can buy them online, over the phone, at any Department office, or from more than a thousand vendors around the state.
You may need to purchase a special permit if you collect, handle, breed, or process wild animals. For example, wildlife managers, researchers, taxidermists, dog trainers, collectors, and hobbyists need special permits. All special permits must be purchased at Department headquarters in Jefferson City.
- Hunting & Trapping Permits
- Fishing Permits
- Special Permits (Collect, handle, breed, or process wild animals)
- This year's deer and fall turkey permits will be available on July 1.
- You can purchase permits at your local Department office and at many stores that sell hunting and fishing equipment.
- New! From your smartphone using the MO Hunting app. Use your credit card and pay a $1 surcharge. Your valid permit will appear on the app immediately after purchase.
- Buy via telephone at 800-392-4115. Use your credit card, and pay a $2 surcharge. Allow 10 days for your permits to arrive.
- Buy online using e-Permits. Use your credit card, and pay a $1 surcharge. Print your permit at home and have it in hand immediately. Note: you will not receive a permit by mail with e-Permits.
- Special permits for commercial hunting and fishing, collectors, taxidermists, and others are also available.
- This list is subject to change without notice.
- Permit prices have been in effect since July 1, 2009.
The following permits are available only through MDC headquarters in Jefferson City
|Resident National Guard and Reserve Service Small Game Hunting and Fishing Permit*||
The Missouri Conservation Heritage Card, a Missouri Conservation Number, social security number or driver’s license is required to purchase all permits.
The Conservation Heritage Card looks similar to a credit card, and it stores information that can speed up the permit-buying process. In addition, it can be purchased to replace a lost hunter-education card when we can verify your hunter-ed certification through Department records. Heritage Card owners receive a 15-percent discount on selected merchandise sold at Conservation Department facilities. You can purchase a Heritage Card using any of the methods listed in Purchasing Permits above. Please allow 4–6 weeks for delivery. Note: The Heritage Card is not a permit.
You can also replace lost permits using any of the methods listed in Purchasing Permits above. A replacement permit costs $2 plus any applicable surcharge. You can save e-Permits on your personal computer and reprint them for free if you lose or damage the original permit. As with other permits, you may not share e-Permits, and additional copies of an e-Permit do not provide additional valid permits to use.