(Background documents related to each agenda item are available for public viewing at Conservation Department Headquarters, Jefferson City, for eight calendar days prior to the meeting. Any person who would like to comment to the Commission about a specific agenda item must make a written request to the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting. Speakers will be limited to five minutes each and number of speakers may be limited. Recording the open meeting is permissible, pursuant to any guidelines established by the Commission to minimize disruption to the meeting. Individuals wishing to record the open meeting by audiotape, videotape or other electronic means should notify the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting so accommodations for such recording can be made.)
Thursday, April 12, 10:00 a.m.
Executive Session (Vote to go into closed session – reconvene open meeting at 1:00 p.m.:
(1) Call to order and approval of minutes of previous Executive Session(s). (610.021 RSMo.)
(2) Consideration of supporting documentation for recommendation to suspend or revoke all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are juveniles or who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws. Action to be taken in open meeting. (Disclosure protected by law, 610.021(14), 454.440.9, 211.321, RSMo.)
(3) Consideration of confidential or privileged communications between the Commission and its Internal Auditor regarding work product. (Communications between public governmental body and its auditor, 610.021(17) RSMo.)
(4) Consideration of recommendation relating to the hiring/firing/disciplining/promoting of personnel. (Hiring, firing, disciplining or promoting, 610.021(3) RSMo.)
(5) Consideration of negotiated contracts. (Documents related to a negotiated contract, 610.021(12) RSMo.)
(6) Update on potential real estate transactions/negotiations. (Leasing, purchase or sale of real estate, 610.021(2) RSMo.)
(7) Consideration of legal actions and attorney-client privileged communications involving the Conservation Commission. (Legal actions, causes of action or litigation, 610.021(1) RSMo.)
1:00 p.m. – Budget Workshop: Review and discussion of proposed Fiscal Year 2013 internal expenditure plan (formal action to be taken in May).
Friday, April 13, 8:30 a.m. – Regular Open Meeting:
Approval of minutes of previous meeting.
Report of the Regulations Committee (no action items).
8:45 a.m. Black Bear Research Project – Resource Scientist Jeff Beringer.
9:00 a.m. George O. White Nursery – Forest Nursery Supervisor Greg Hoss.
March Monthly Financial Summary.
Status of Major CI-IT Projects Funded in FY12 Budget.
10:00 a.m. Volunteer Service Awards presented to Phyllis Boyd and Charlotte Cox for over 2,000 hours of service at Burr Oak Woods Conservation Nature Center, Blue Springs.
10:15 a.m. Administrative Services Division Report – Division Chief Carter Campbell.
Recommendation for approval of personnel reclassifications; Quarterly Report of Personnel Changes approved by Director.
Recommendation for authorization to advertise and sell an estimated 847,228 board feet of timber located on 505 acres of Compartment 8, Angeline Conservation Area in Shannon County.
Recommendations for approval to 1) sell approximately 2 acres of the Long Ridge Conservation Area in Franklin County; and 2) officially name the new building located at the Central Regional Office and Conservation Research Center in Columbia as the “E. Sydney Stephens Building.”
Recommendations for approval to suspend or revoke 1) one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of individuals for cause; 2) all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws; 3) one or more hunting, fishing and trapping privileges of individuals in accordance with the terms of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact; and 4) hunting privileges of individuals who inflicted injury to another person while hunting.
Announcement of actions taken in executive session, if any.
Special Video Presentation: The Promise Continues – Missouri Department of Conservation’s 75th Anniversary.
Other matters of interest.
Confirmation that the next regular meeting will be held May 24-25, 2012.