The Conservation Commission met Feb. 7 at the Lake City Outdoor Education Center and Shooting Range, 28505 East Truman Road, Buckner, and on Feb. 8 at the Anita B. Gorman Conservation Discovery Center, 4750 Troost Ave., Kansas City. Commissioners present were:
Don C. Bedell, Sikeston, Chair
James T. Blair, IV, St. Louis, Vice Chair
Becky L. Plattner, Grand Pass, Secretary
Don R. Johnson, Festus, Member
• Received presentations from:
Forestry Division Chief Lisa Allen regarding forest and woodland management on conservation areas (CAs)
Chief Financial Officer Margie Mueller regarding Fiscal Year 2013 mid-year review of revenue and expenditure trends
Design and Development Division Chief Jacob Careaga regarding major construction projects
Information Technology Services Chief Douglas Fees regarding major information technology projects
Federal Aid Coordinator Doyle Brown regarding federal aid in wildlife and sport fish restoration programs
• Approved entering into a contract with Martin General Contractors, LLC, Eolia, for the construction of the Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery Drum Filters for Brown Trout Complex project in Taney County at a total estimated cost of $373,700. Federal Aid in Sportfish Restoration Program funds will be used to cover 75% of the total project cost.
• Approved entering into a contract with Tandem Paving Company, Inc., Blue Springs, for the construction of the James A. Reed Memorial Wildlife Area Road System Renovation project in Jackson County at a total estimated cost of $652,045.70
• Approved exchanging a 23-acre tract and a 40-acre tract of the Clearwater Conservation Area in Reynolds County for an 80-acre tract in Wayne County as an addition to the Riverside CA
• Voted to encourage the Regulations Committee to continue exploring options for an elk-hunting season
• Suspended hunting, fishing, and/or trapping privileges of three Missouri residents for Wildlife Code violations and affirmed actions taken by Missouri courts suspending privileges of three Missouri residents. Those whose privileges were suspended are:
Jonathan M. Bassnett, Sedalia, fishing privileges, 3 years
Grady W. Bentley, Bakersfield, hunting privileges, until Dec. 11, 2013
Austin Lamb, Bakersfield, hunting privileges, until Dec. 11, 2013
Eldon E. Luckey, Frohna, all sport privileges, lifetime
Danny R. Tankersley, Dexter, hunting privileges, until Oct. 5, 2013
Raymond L. Treon, Brunswick, all sport privileges, 1 year
• Approved the suspension or revocation of all hunting and fishing privileges of 404 people who are not in compliance with applicable child-support laws. Privileges suspended for noncompliance are reinstated once the Division of Child Support Enforcement notifies MDC that suspendees have come into compliance with the required laws.
• Suspended privileges of 285 people under the provisions of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact.
- end –
This document is provided for public information only and is not an official record of the Missouri Department of Conservation or Missouri Conservation Commission.