MEETING OF THE
MISSOURI CONSERVATION COMMISSION
Conservation Department Headquarters
2901 West Truman Boulevard, Jefferson City, Missouri
Thursday, August 19, 2010 – 2:30 p.m. – Executive Session (Closed)
Friday, August 20, 2010 – 8:30 a.m. – Regular Open Meeting
(Background documents related to each agenda item are available for public viewing at Conservation Department Headquarters, Jefferson City, for an 8-day period prior to the meeting. Any person who would like to comment to the Commission about a specific agenda item must make a written request to the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting. Speakers will be limited to five minutes each, a total of 15 minutes per each agenda item.)
Thursday, August 19, 2:30 p.m.
Executive Session (Vote to go into closed session – reconvene open meeting at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, August 20):
(1) Call to order and approval of minutes of previous Executive Session. (610.021 RSMo.)
(2) Consideration of negotiated contracts. (Documents related to a negotiated contract, 610.021(12) RSMo.)
(3) Update on potential real estate transactions/negotiations. (Leasing, purchase or sale of real estate, 610.021(2) RSMo.)
(4) Consideration of supporting documentation for recommendation to suspend or revoke all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are juveniles or who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws. Action to be taken in open meeting. (Disclosure protected by law, 610.021(14), 454.440.9, 211.321, RSMo.)
(5) Consideration of confidential or privileged communications between the Commission and its Internal Auditor regarding work product. (Communications between public governmental body and its auditor, 610.021(17) RSMo.)
(6) Consideration of recommendation relating to the hiring/firing/disciplining/promoting of personnel. (Hiring, firing, disciplining or promoting, 610.021(3) RSMo.)
(7) Consideration of legal actions and attorney-client privileged communications involving the Conservation Commission. (Legal actions, causes of action or litigation, 610.021(1) RSMo.)
Friday, August 20, 8:30 a.m. – Regular Open Meeting:
Approval of minutes of previous meeting.
Consideration of the Report of the Regulations Committee, which includes recommendations for the 2010-2011 waterfowl hunting season and changes to the 2011 Wildlife Code.
9:00 a.m. Design & Development Division Report – Design & Development Division Chief Jacob Careaga.
9:15 a.m. Fishers & Farmers Partnership – Fisheries Division Chief Chris Vitello.
10:00 a.m. Presentation of Employee Service Awards and Special Awards.
Consideration of 1) Major Construction/Development Projects Status Report; and 2) bids received for the construction of the Eminence City Park Access Development Project located in Shannon County, and authorization to enter into a contract with the low bidder.
Consideration of Fiscal Year 2010 Year-End Review of Revenue and Expenditure Trends and July Monthly Financial Summary.
Recommendation for authorization to seek: (1) executive operating lump sum spending authority of $145,534,841 for fiscal year 2012; (2) capital improvement biennial spending authority of $44,000,000 for fiscal years 2012 and 2013; (3) reauthorization of the fiscal year 2011 federal stimulus and capital improvement appropriations; and (4); appropriations to other state agencies from the Conservation Commission Fund for fiscal year 2012 for related operational expenditures.
Recommendations for approval of 1) personnel reclassifications; and 2) change to employee retirement contribution rate to Missouri State Employees’ Retirement System (MOSERS) for employees hired after January 1, 2011.
Quarterly Update of Conservation Employees’ Benefits Plan Trust Fund.
Forest and Woodland Management on Lands Held in Public Trust – Forestry Division Chief Lisa Allen.
Recommendation for authorization to advertise and sell an estimated 846,000 board feet of timber located on 241 acres of Compartment 4, Fourche Creek Conservation Area in Ripley County.
Recommendation for approval to purchase 171 acres in Jefferson County as an addition to LaBarque Creek Conservation Area in Jefferson County.
Recommendations for approval to suspend or revoke: 1) one or more hunting, fishing and trapping privileges of individuals for cause; 2) all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws; 3) one or more hunting, fishing and trapping privileges of individuals in accordance with the terms of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact; and 4) hunting privileges of individuals who inflicted injury to another person while hunting
Announcement of actions taken in executive session, if any.
Other matters of interest.
Confirmation that the next regular meeting will be held on October 14-15, 2010, at Kirksville.