Table Bc04: Species of Conservation Concern
Table Bc04: Species of Conservation Concern
|Scientific Name||Common Name||F||M||GRank||SRank||Date|
|Ambystoma annulatum||Ringed Salamander||G4||S3||1975|
|Cryptobranchus alleganiensis Alleganiensis||Eastern Hellbender||E*||G3G4T3T4||S1||1998|
|Accipiter cooperii||Cooper's Hawk||G5||S3||1986|
|Accipiter striatus||Sharp-Shinned Hawk||G5||S2||1986|
|Buteo lineatus||Red-Shouldered Hawk||G5||S3||1995|
|Dendroica cerulean||Cerulean Warbler||G4||S2S3||1995|
|Haliaeetus leucocephalus||Bald Eagle||T||E||G4||S2||2000|
|Vireo bellii||Bell's Vireo||G5||S3||1995|
|Fundulus sciadicus||Plains Topminnow||G4||S3||1995|
|Notropis heterolepis||Blacknose Shiner||G4||S2||1980|
|Percina cymatotaenia||Bluestripe Darter||G2||S2||1994|
|Mustela frenata||Long-Tailed Weasel||G5||S2||1992|
|Myotis grisescens||Gray Bat||E||E||G3||S3||1997|
|Myotis septentrionalis||Northern Myotis||G4||S3||1997|
|Myotis sodalist||Indiana Bat||E||E||G2||S1||1994|
|Ochrotomys nuttalli||Golden Mouse||G5||S3?||1990|
|Cambarus hubrichti||Salem Cave Crayfish||G2||S3||1980|
|Gomphus ozarkensis||Ozark Clubtail||G4||S3||2000|
|Ophiogomphus westfalli||Westfall's Snaketail||G3||S3||1976|
|Elliptio crassidens||Elephant Ear||E||G5||S1||1976|
|Lampsilis abrupta||Pink Mucket||E||E||G2||S2||1976|
|Ligumia recta||Black Sandshell||G5||S1S2||1993-1995|
|Ptychobranchus occidentalis||Ouachita Kidneyshell||G3G4||S2S3||1993|
|Aneura pinguis||A Liverwort||G5||SU||2002|
|Flavoparmelia rutidota||A Lichen||G?||S?||1986|
|Aster furcatus||Forked Aster||G3||S2||1990|
|Heuchera parviflora var. parviflora||Little Leaved Alum Root||G4T4||S1||1992|
|Trifolium stoloniferum||Running Buffalo Clover||E||E||G3||S1||1997|
|Calamagrostis porteri ssp. insperata||Oferhollow Reed Grass||G4T3||S3||1994|
|Carex comosa||Bristly Sedge||G5||S2||1991|
|Carex molestiformis||A Sedge||G?||S2||1991|
|Glyceria acutiflora||Sharp-Scaled Manna Grass||G5||S3||1991|
|Najas gracillima||Thread-Like Naiad||G5?||S2||1994|
|Potamogeton pusillus var. pusillus||Slender Pondweed||G5T5||S1||1991|
|Zannichellia palustris var. major||Horned Pondweed||G5T?||S3?||1994|
|Dryopteris goldiana||Goldie's Fern||G4||S2||1994|
- Year = Last year observed in watershed.
- F = Federal Status
- M = Missouri Status
- E = Endangered
- T = Threatened
- * = Former category-2 candidate (In December of 1996, the USFWS discontinued the practice of maintaining a list of species regarded as "category-2 candidates". MDC continues to distinguish these species for information and planning purposes.
- S1 = Critically imperiled in the state because of extreme rarity or because of some factor(s) making it especially vulnerable to extirpation from the state. (typically 5 or fewer occurrences or very few remaining individuals)
- S2 = Imperiled in the state because of rarity or because of some factor(s) making it very vulnerable to extirpation from the state. (6 to 20 occurrences or few remaining individuals or acres)
- S3 = Rare and uncommon in the state. (21 to 100 occurrences)
- S4 = Widespread, abundant, and apparently secure in state, with many occurrences, but the species is of long-term concern. (usually more than 100 occurrences)
- S5 = Demonstrably widespread, abundant, and secure in the state, and essentially ineradicable under present conditions.
- SU = Unrankable: Possibly in peril in the state, but status uncertain; need more information.
- SE = Exotic: An exotic established in the state; may be native in nearby regions.
- SH = Historical: Element occurred historically in the state (with expectation that it may be rediscovered). Perhaps having not been verified in the past 20 years, and suspected to be still extant.
- SX = Extirpated: Element is believed to be extirpated from the state.
- S? = Unranked: Species is not yet ranked in the state.
- Qualifier: ? = Inexact or uncertain: for numeric ranks, denotes inexactness. (The ? qualifies the character immediately preceding it in Srank)
- G1 = Critically imperiled globally because of extreme rarity or because of some factor(s) making it especially vulnerable to extinction. (typically 5 or fewer occurrences or very few remaining individuals or acres)
- G2 = Imperiled globally because of rarity or because of some factor(s) making it very vulnerable to extinction throughout its range. (6 to 20 occurrences or few remaining individuals or acres)
- G3 = Either very rare and local throughout its range or found locally (even abundantly at some of its locations) in a restricted range (e.g., a single western state, a physiographic region in the East) or because of other factors making it vulnerable to extinction throughout its range. (21 to 100 occurrences)
- G4 = Widespread, abundant, and apparently secure globally, though it may be quite rare in parts of its range, especially at the periphery. Thus, the element is of long-term concern. (usually more than 100 occurrences)
- G5 = Demonstrably Widespread, abundant, and secure globally, though it may be quite rare in parts of its range, especially at the periphery.
- Subrank: T = Taxonomic subdivision: rank applies to subspecies or variety.
- Qualifier: ? = Inexact: denotes inexact numeric rank.
- Q = Questionable taxonomy: taxonomic status is questionable; numeric rank may change with taxonomy.
Note: Data in table subject to revision. This table is not a final authority.
<!-- InstanceEndEditable -->