Missouri Waterfowl Seasons at a Glance
|Zone||Youth Days||Ducks||Canada Geese & Brant||White-fronted Geese||Light Geese (snow, blue, Ross’s)*|
Waterfowl seasons are set in the middle of August during the monthly Conservation Commission meeting.
The Conservation Order for light geese will be in effect from Feb. 1 to April 30 with no bag limit. Hunters may use electronic calls and unplugged shotguns, and shoot from ½ hour before sunrise to ½ hour after sunset. A Conservation Order Permit is the only permit required for residents & nonresidents during this time.
New for This Season
- Canvasback limit is now 1 instead of 2.
Duck Bag Limit:
6 ducks daily. The possession limit is three times the daily limit.
|Duck||Daily Bag Limit||Possession Limit|
|Mallards||4 (only 2 females)||12 (6 for females)|
Goose Bag Limit:
|Goose||Bag Limit||Possession Limit|
|Light geese||20||no limit|
1/2 hour before sunrise to sunset. Note: During teal season, shooting hours are sunrise to sunset.
Season Date Formulas:
- 60-Day: Last Saturday in October
- 45-Day: First Saturday in November
- 30-Day: Second Saturday in November
- 60-Day: First Saturday in November
- 45-Day: Second Saturday in November
- 30-Day: Third Saturday in November
- 60-Day: Thanksgiving Day
- 45-Day: First Saturday in December
- 30-Day: Second Saturday in December