Waterfowl Drawing Procedures
Browse three ways to draw for managed waterfowl hunts at Missouri's 15 managed waterfowl areas, including Every Member Draws (EMD), One Member Draws (OMD), and Quick Draw (QD).
- All hunting party members of a reservation party, OMD party, and EMD party must be properly licensed prior to participating in the morning draw. Hunting party members may only participate in ONE morning drawing on the same day. Participation includes having another member submit a waterfowl hunting tag for you in your absence.
- Refer to Every Member Draws below for detailed procedures about EMD areas
- Refer to One Member Draws below for detailed procedures about OMD areas
- Refer to Quick Draw Procedures below for detailed procedures about QD areas.
- Reservation holders must arrive and check in at the window a few minutes before official draw time.
- Reservation holders must present the proper permits (see Waterfowl Permit and Stamp Requirements below) to hunt waterfowl in the state of Missouri and a form of I.D. at check in.
- After checking in, reservation holders will draw one pill from a draw box filled with numbered pills representing all of the available hunting sites.
- At official draw time, a final call for reservation holders will be made followed by an announcement “The reservation drawing is closed." No late reservations will be honored.
Waiting List Members
- Before the official draw time, every member of a waiting list party at EMD areas, and one member from each waiting list party at OMD areas must sign the waiting list sheet.
- At official draw time, area staff announces that sign-up is closed and picks up the list. No names can be added to the waiting list after the list has been taken into the office.
- At official draw time, and following completion of the reservation-holder drawing, the morning speech will begin.
- Parties not signed up on the waiting list before official draw time will not be allowed to participate. Parties arriving late may be allocated a hunting spot if any remain after the drawing.