General Trap Requirements
- may be placed and set for furbearers at 12:01 a.m. on Nov. 15 and must be removed by midnight of the last day of trapping season.
- must have smooth or rubber jaws only, and may include foot-hold, Conibear or other killing-type, foot-enclosing-type, cage-type, colony traps with openings no greater than 6 inches in height and 6 inches wide, snares set underwater only, and cable restraint devices. You may not use snares in a dry land set or pitfalls, deadfalls or nets.
- must be plainly labeled on durable material with the user’s full name and address, or Conservation Number. Wildlife must be removed or released from traps daily; except for colony and killing-type traps, which must be checked every 48 hours.
- may not be set in paths made or used by people or domestic animals. Killing-type traps may not be set along public roadways, except underwater in permanent waters. Within communities having 10,000 or more inhabitants, only cage-type or foot-enclosing-type traps may be set within 150 feet of any residence or occupied building.
- may be used in conjunction with electronic calls.