General Trap Requirements
- May be placed and set for furbearers at 12:01 a.m. on Nov. 15 and must be removed by midnight of the last day of trapping season
- Must have smooth or rubber jaws only, and may include foot-hold, Conibear or other killing-type, foot-enclosing-type, cage-type, colony traps with openings no greater than 6 inches in height and 6 inches wide, snares set underwater only, and cable restraint devices. You may not use snares in a dry land set or pitfalls, deadfalls, or nets.
- Must be plainly labeled on durable material with the user’s full name and address or Conservation Number. Wildlife must be removed or released from traps daily, except for colony and killing-type traps, which must be checked every 48 hours.
- May not be set in paths made or used by people or domestic animals. Killing-type traps may not be set along public roadways, except underwater in permanent waters. Within communities having 10,000 or more inhabitants, only cage-type or foot-enclosing-type traps may be set within 150 feet of any residence or occupied building
- May be used in conjunction with electronic calls