Conibear Trap and Snare Requirements
Killer or Conibear-type traps:
- with a jaw spread greater than 5 inches may be set underwater, but not in any dry land set.
- with a jaw spread not greater than 8 inches may be set 6 feet or more above ground level in buildings.
- be set underwater.
- have a loop 15 inches or less in diameter when set.
- have a stop device that prevents the snare from closing to less than 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
- made with cable that is between 5/64 inch and 1/8 inch in diameter.
- have a mechanical lock and anchor swivel.