Mussel and Clam Regulations
Mussels and Clams Regulations
- Daily Fishing Permit
- Nonresident Fishing Permit
- Fishing Permit
- Hunting and Fishing Permit
Season & Limits
May be taken by hand, handnet or pole and line.
Daily Limit Notice
5, combined total of all species (except Asiatic clams, which may be taken and possessed in any number). This limit applies to live and dead animals. Two shell halves (valves) shall be considered 1 mussel or clam.
Mussels listed in the Missouri Species and Communities of Conservation Concern Checklist may not be taken or possessed.
Content tagged with
- Do Not Harvest List
- Fish ID and Measuring
- Game Fish Regulations
- General Fishing Rules
- Live Bait Regulations
- Nongame Fish Regulations
- Nongame Species Regulations
- Reciprocal Fishing Privileges
- Special Area Fishing Regulations
- Truman Reservoir and Lake of the Ozarks Blue Catfish Regulation Changes Proposed
- Why "No" to Noodling?
- Porous-Soled Wader Ban
Check the Code
This is NOT a legal document. Regulations are subject to revision during the current year. Refer to the Wildlife Code.
Keep ATVs out of streams!
It’s illegal to drive ATVs in Missouri’s streams unless …
- You’re a landowner or lessee on land you own or lease.
- You’re a farm worker.
- You’re using your ATV on a crossing that is part of the highway system.
Violators could lose their fishing and hunting privileges!
MDC's Mission, Vision, Priorities
MDC protects and manages Missouri's fish, forest, and wildlife resources.
We also facilitate your participation in resource-management activities, and we provide opportunities for you to use, enjoy and learn about nature.