Warm up with a steaming pot of delicious venison chili.
- 1-2 pounds ground venison (or cuts in 1-inch cubes)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Place venison, onion, pepper and garlic in a large saucepan and brown in about 2 tablespoons oil. Add the remainder of ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour until meat is tender. Serves 4-6.