Venison Chili Mole
- 2 lbs. ground venison*
- 6-12 fresh green onions
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. crushed dried (or freshly diced) chili peppers (jalapeño or preferred pepper)
- 1 large green pepper
- 1/2 to 1 packet (1 oz.) chili seasoning
- 1 12-oz. can chili beans
- 1 12-oz. can black beans
- 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 2-4 lbs. fresh tomatoes cut bite size
- 1 29-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 double square Bakers semi-sweet chocolate
In large pot, brown the venison, diced onions (complete with green tops), chili peppers, and chopped green pepper on low to medium heat. When browned, drain off any excess fat, stir in the chili seasoning and continue browning another 5 minutes.
Add beans and Worcestershire sauce with about 1/4 cup water. Stir in tomatoes and tomato sauce and raise heat. Grate the chocolate square over the chili then stir it in. Bring the chili to a mild boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes.
* or slow cook a large venison roast until meat is tender and stringy, then pull apart for browning