AUGUST 2016 Meeting Tentative Agenda
- Thursday, August 25: CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION -- 1.30 p.m. Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center, 2601 South Providence Road in Columbia
- Friday, August 26: REGULAR OPEN MEETING -- 8:30 a.m. MDC Central Regional Office, 3500 East Gans Road in Columbia
Background documents related to the open agenda items are available for public viewing at Conservation Department Headquarters, Jefferson City, for eight calendar days prior to the meeting. Any person who would like to comment to the Commission about a specific agenda item must make a written request to the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting. The time period allotted for public comment and the number of speakers will be at the Commission’s discretion. Recording the open meeting is permissible, pursuant to any guidelines established by the Commission to minimize disruption to the meeting. Individuals wishing to record the open meeting by audiotape, videotape, or other electronic means should notify the Director at least four calendar days prior to the meeting so accommodations for such recording can be made.
August 25, 2016 – Closed Executive Session – 1:30 p.m.
- Call to order, roll call, and vote to close meeting.
- E.1 – Approval of minutes of previous executive session(s) (610.021 RSMo.).
- E.2 – Consideration of supporting documentation related to recommendations to suspend or revoke hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges (621.021(1), 610.021.14, 454.440.9, 211.321 RSMo.)
- E.3 – Consideration of confidential or privileged communications between the Commission and its Internal Auditor regarding work product (610.021(17) RSMo.).
- E.4 – Consideration of negotiated contracts (610.021(12) RSMo.).
- E.5 – Consideration of potential real estate transactions/negotiations (610.021(2) RSMo.).
- E.6 – Consideration of legal actions, causes of action, or litigation and attorney-client privileged communications as provided for in 610.021(1) RSMo.
- E.7 Consideration of recommendations relating to the hiring/firing/disciplining/promoting of personnel (610.021(3) RSMo.).
- Adjourn closed session.
August 26, 2016 – Regular Open Meeting – 8:30 a.m.
Call to order --David W. Murphy, Chair
- Action Item: Approval of minutes of previous open meeting(s)
- Staff Recognition/Recent Awards --Division Chiefs/Deputy Directors
- Presentation: Black Bear Project Update --Jeff Beringer, Resource Scientist, with introduction by Mike Hubbard, Resource Science Division Chief
- Presentation: 2016 CWD Mandatory Sampling --Danny Hartwig, CWD Mandatory Sampling Incident Commander, with introduction by Aaron Jeffries, Deputy Director and Acting Chairman, Regulations Committee
- Comments on proposed regulations by individual(s) who submitted written requests prior to the meeting
- Action Items: Report of the Regulations Committee, which includes recommendations for changes to management of Smallmouth Bass and Rock Bass and changes to the Wildlife Code identified during the mid-year review --Aaron Jeffries, Deputy Director and Acting Chairman, Regulations Committee
- Presentation: Permit Suspensions for Wildlife Code Violations --Larry Yamnitz, Protection Division Chief
Outreach and Education Division:
- Communications Update --Joanie Straub, Outreach and Education Division Chief
- Presentation: Discover Nature Schools Program --Kevin Lohraff, Education Programs/Curriculum Supervisor, with introduction by Joanie Straub, Outreach and Education Division Chief
Design and Development Division:
Jacob Careaga, Design and Development Division Chief
- Fiscal Year 2016 Year-End Review of Major Construction Projects Completed
- Major Construction Projects Status Report (for Fiscal Year 2017)
- Action Item: Consideration of bids received for construction of the Statewide Tower Replacement Project at various conservation areas and in various counties, and authorization to enter into a contract
Information Technology Unit:
Douglas Fees, Information Technology Services Chief
- Fiscal Year 2016 Year-End Review of Information Technology Project
- Information Technology Projects Status Report (for Fiscal Year 2017)
Administrative Services Division:
Cyndi Voss, Administrative Services Division Chief
- Fiscal Year 2016 Year-End Review of Revenue and Expenditure Trends
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to submit estimates of the Department’s appropriation requirements for the next fiscal year to the Governor’s budget director (pursuant to Section 33.220 RSMo)
Tom Neubauer, Human Resources Division Chief
- Quarterly Report of Personnel Changes
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval of personnel reclassification(s)
- Action Item: Conservation Employees’ Benefits Plan 2017 Recommendation and Plan Update
- Action Item: Recommendation for approval to purchase approximately 133.29 acres in Knox County as an addition to Henry Sever Lake Conservation Area --Jason Sumners, Wildlife Division Chief
Lisa Wehmeyer, Internal Auditor
- Action Item: Recommendations for approval to:
- Suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, or trapping privileges of individuals for cause
- Suspend or revoke all hunting and fishing privileges of individuals who are not in compliance with applicable child support laws
- Suspend or revoke one or more hunting, fishing, and trapping privileges of individuals in accordance with the terms of the Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact
- Legislative Update --Aaron Jeffries, Deputy Director
- Other matters of interest