This content is archived
1 of 4
2 of 4
3 of 4
4 of 4
‘TIS THE SEASON
- DEC. 10, TUESDAY, 10-11:30 A.M.
- St. Louis Region - Dennis and Judith Jones Visitor and Education Center in Forest Park
- Reservations begin Nov. 5, call 314-877-1309
- All ages
- Squirrels and foxes are breeding. Other animals are denning up for the winter. Birds are gathering at feeders and many are migrating. We are getting ready for the holidays. Join us and relax from the hustle and bustle of the season. This program brings us indoors to highlight some of the bounties of winter. We will make a wreath decorated with fall and winter outdoor finds.
NATURE CRAFT NIGHT
- DEC. 11, WEDNESDAY, 6-8 P.M.
- Northeast Region - Northeast Regional Office
- Registration begins Nov. 12 and ends Dec. 6, call 660-785-2420
- All ages welcome. Children must be accompanied by an adult
- It is time for our annual holiday nature-crafting event. Bring your family and friends to make ornaments, decorations, and bird feeders out of a variety of natural items.
BIRD FEEDER WORKSHOP
- DEC. 14, SATURDAY, 10-11:30 A.M.
- Southwest Region - Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery and Conservation Center
- Registration required, call 417-334-4865
- This is our annual workshop for families to build their own wooden bird feeder. Each family will be able to build one “hopper-style” bird feeder to take home. In addition to putting together the pre-cut and pre-drilled feeder, you will learn about the best types of seed to put into the feeder to maximize your winter bird watching. Bring a hammer.
SHORT-EARED OWL HIKE
- DEC. 14, SATURDAY, 4-6 PM
- Southwest Region - Wildcat Glades Conservation and Audubon Center, Shawnee Trail Conservation Area (Mindenmines)
- Registration required, call 417-629-3423
- Ages 8 and up
- Join us for a naturalist-led hike to search for our special winter residents, the