Kids in Nature
h3>Kids in Nature
7 Simple Ideas for Family Fun
- Put up a birdfeeder.
- Listen for the last cricket calls of the season.
- Collect nuts and see how many kinds you can find.
- Look for mallards.
- Walk through your neighborhood and see how many coniferous trees you can spot (a tree that doesn’t shed leaves).
- Take a walk and try to see how many old bird nests you can spot.
- After a hard frost, hunt for “frost flowers.”
Kids in Nature Photo Contest!
Break out those cameras and send us your best images of you and your family enjoying the outdoors for our new photo contest. Once again, we will be accepting entries via the online photo sharing service, Flickr. If you are not a member of Flickr, it is easy and free to join. Once you are a member, just navigate to our kids in nature group page: www.flickr.com/groups/mdc-kids-in-nature and submit your photos. MDC staff will select a winner every month and display it on our website. All of the monthly winners will appear in the January 2014 issue of the magazine.