A New Plan for Missouri Trout Fishing
the winter catch and release season.
Blue Ribbon Trout Areas” will be waters with the best habitat quality or self-sustaining populations of trout. Fishing regulations will include an 18-inch minimum length limit on all trout, and a daily limit of one trout. Fishing will be restricted to flies and artificial lures only. Gigging of non-game fi sh will not be permitted. Th ese restrictive regulations are designed to sustain the maximum density of adult trout and offer the chance to harvest a trophy-sized trout. Larger Blue Ribbon streams will be stocked. Smaller ones will be managed for wild, naturally-reproducing rainbow trout.
“Red Ribbon Trout Areas” will be areas that are also high quality trout habitat, but where habitat or water temperature deficiencies limit trout survival or growth. Th ere is a 15-inch minimum length limit on trout from these streams, and a daily limit of two trout. Some areas will be restricted to flies and artificial lures only. Gigging of non-game fish will be permitted. These streams will provide good catch-and-release fishing and a chance to harvest quality-size trout.
“White Ribbon Trout Areas” will be established in a number of coldwater streams that can support trout all year. The new statewide daily limit of four trout and new minimum length limit of 15 inches on brown trout will apply in these streams. There is no length limit on rainbow trout. All types of flies, lures and bait will be permitted. Gigging of non-game fish will be permitted.
BLUE RIBBON TROUT AREAS *
- North Fork of the White River (Ozark County, Rainbow Spring to Patrick Bridge)
- Eleven Point River (Oregon County, Greer Spring to Turner Mill Access)
- Current River (Dent and Shannon counties, Montauk to Cedar Grove)
- Little Piney Creek (Phelps County, Phelps/Dent County line to Milldam Hollow access)
- Barren Fork Creek (Shannon County, County Rd. AD to Sinking Creek)
- Crane Creek (Stone County, Upstream from Quail Spur Rd. Crossing)
- Mill Creek (Phelps county, Yelton Spring to Little Piney Creek)
- Spring Creek (Phelps County, Relfe Spring to Big Piney River)
- Blue Springs Creek (Crawford County, Blue Springs to Maramec River)
RED RIBBON TROUT AREAS *
- Maramec River (Phelps and Ozark counties, Highway 8 to Scotts Ford Access)
- Roubidoux Creek (Pulaski County, lower 2.2 miles)
- North Fork of the White River (Ozark County, Patrick Bridge to Norfork Lakel)
WHITE RIBBON TROUT AREAS *
- Current River (Dent County and Shannon counties, downstream from Cedar Grove)
- Little Piney Creek (Phelps County, Milldam Hollow Access to County Road 7360)
- Niangua River (Dallas and