Content tagged with "General Info"

2013 Teal Season Details at Duck Creek

Dark Cypress in August 2013
Duck Creek and Dark Cypress Swamp will be open for teal hunting. Here is more information about how and where... More
24 comments

2013 Virtual Tour of the Duck Creek Renovation

Unit A Prior to Waterfowl Opener
Would you like to take a virtual tour of Duck Creek? Follow the link and see for yourself. More
24 comments

2014 Benefits Offering Booklet

Browse this comprehensive booklet for details on all MDC employee and retiree benefit plans. More

2014 Logger of the Year

MDC names Birch Tree man as 2014 Logger of the Year
The Missouri Department of Conservation named Scott 'Greg' Stark of Birch Tree and owner of Stark Logging the 2014 State Logger of the Year. Pictured from left to right: MDC Forestry Division Chief Lisa Allen, Greg Stark, Dusten Hanks of Crader Distributing, Ron Kile, MDC Forestry Field Programs Supervisor Jason Jensen, and MDC Resource Forester Gary Gognat. More

2014 Meetings and Actions

View all the Conservation Commission meeting actions from 2014. More

2014 Teal Season Details at Duck Creek

Open Water on Pool 1
Duck Creek and Dark Cypress Swamp will be open for teal hunting and here is what conditions will look like... More
11 comments

21. The First 50 Years: Engineering Section and Land Acquisition

What eventually became the Engineering Section had its origin in the 1937 Land and Waters Division, consisting of a chief, E. A. Mayes, and one secretary. More

22. The First 50 Years: Personnel Section

When the Department began operations in 1937, no one was designated to handle personnel management responsibilities. Each division, and often each supervisor, shouldered the duties. More

23-point buck in velvet

Photo of three hunters with a 23-point buck in velvet.
Photo of three hunters with a 23-point buck in velvet. More

23. The First 50 Years: Planning Section

Planning Section became a separately designated administrative section as part of Department reorganization in 1964, with Edwin H. Glaser as its chief. Its roots, however, extend back to 1946, when the Department found it necessary to establish liaison with the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers to safeguard the state¿s fish and game interests in river basin planning and developments. More