CRP Signups and Landowner Workshops Announced
CRP Workshops are being held for landowners and agricultural producers in advance of the USDA Farm Service Agency’s Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) general sign-up that runs May 20th through June 14th. Led by Quail Foreve, Quail and Upland Wildlife Federation and Missouri Department of Conservation staff, landowners can learn how to increase their farm or ranch income while creating wildlife habitat in the process. Staff from these organizations can help farmers and other eligible landowners determine program eligibility, options, and seeding mixes to help sustain healthy forests, fish and wildlife.
In addition, USDA also announced the restart of sign-up for the Continuous CRP (CCRP) on May 13. Landowners once again have the opportunity to enroll crop field borders or whole fields in wildlife friendly vegetation. CCRP is offered on a continuous, non-competitive sign-up basis.
Landowners enrolled and CCRP receive annual payments and cost-share assistance to establish long-term, resource-conserving covers on eligible farmland. According to the FSA website, “CRP is a voluntary program that helps agricultural producers use environmentally sensitive land for conservation benefits. Producers enrolled in CRP plant long-term, resource-conserving covers to control soil erosion, improve water and air quality and develop wildlife habitat. In return, FSA provides participants with rental payments and cost-share assistance. Contract duration is between 10 to 15 years.”
For more information on the CRP general signup and other conservation programs, contact the local USDA Service Center and speak with an FSA representative or MDC Private Land Conservationist. Visit the FSA website at www.fsa.usda.gov/crp for program details.
- Benton USDA Service Center 6458 State Highway 77 Benton Scott 5/30/2013 2:00 PM
- MDC Southeast Regional Office 2302 County Park Dr. Cape Girardeau Cape Girardeau 5/21/2013 6:00 PM
- Carrollton Public Library - Large Conference Room 1 N Folger Street Carrollton Carroll 5/15/2013 6:00 PM
- Bradford Research and Extension Center 4968 Rangeline Road Columbia Boone 5/15/2013 6:30 PM
- Dexter USDA Service Center 18450 Ridgeview Ln. Dexter Stoddard 5/16/2013 1:00 PM
- Dexter USDA Service Center 18450 Ridgeview Ln. Dexter Stoddard 5/16/2013 6:00 PM
- Dexter USDA Service Center 18450 Ridgeview Ln. Dexter Stoddard 6/12/2013 1:00 PM
- Milan Rebekah's Lodge 429 S Pearl ST Milan Sullivan 5/15/2013 6:00 PM
- Lions Club Building 1120 Farnen Rd Montgomery City Montgomery 5/16/2013 6:30 PM
- Perry County Extension Center 321 N. Main, Suite 1 Perryville Perry 5/15/2013 2:00 PM
- Philadelphia Community Center 299 County Road 13 Philadelphia Marion 5/10/2013 3:00 PM
- Busch Conservation Nature Center 2360 Hwy. D St. Charles St. Charles 5/20/2013 6:30 PM
- Old Soldier's Room, Unionville Courthouse 1601 Main ST Unionville Putnam 5/16/2013 6:00 PM
- Marshall High School 805 S Miami Ave Marshall Saline 5/28/2013 5:30 PM
- Farm Credit Services, Sedalia Pettis 5/23/2013 6:30 PM